Processes for realization of Products

P

Paes Mendes

Must the processes related to the core competences be considered in the processes for the realization of Products?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
What do you mean by "...processes related to the core competences..."?

P

Paes Mendes

By core competence I mean the areas of excellence in the company, I think also called key competence.
This areas are defined during the startegy process and are the ones where our know how must be as good as or better than our competitors.
I hope this can help you to help me.
PM

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Well, if I understand what you are asking, the answer is yes. Here is how I understand it:

Your core competences (see www.hq.nasa.gov/office/hqlibrary/ppm/ppm25.htm and Core Competence )

> Core competence - the idea that a company can succeed without a
> structural competitive advantage by becoming the best at a few key
> skills or in a few knowledge areas - has enjoyed enormous popularity
> over the past 6 years. But despite all the attention this concept has
> received, its tangible impact on corporate performance has been mixed
> at best. To address the need for a more rigorous approach, an article
> proposes a clear definition of what a core competence is (and is not),
> and suggests how an executive in pursuit of a competence-led strategy
> is likely to prove worthwhile. It outlines 3 distinct paths to
> developing a competence - evolution, incubation, and acquisition...

are your 'specialties'. Processes related to your core competence are your realization of product. If your Core Competence is design and manufacture of electronic circuits, all the processes involved are the foundation. Realization of product (core competence) is through a series of processes. If I understand the question correctly, I do not see how you can separate them.

Is there a specific problem you are trying to solve? I'm not sure what you're getting at with your question. Could be a language barrier.

Attachments

• Core competence.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 363
J

James Gutherson

My interpretation of the question is, 'Besides the requirements detailed in ISO9001:2K for product realization, ie contract review, customer communication, design and development control, puchasing, production and service control, indetification, traceability, customer property, packaging, measuring and monitoring, do you need to document how you actually build the widgit/provide the service?'

My thoughts are that you should forget about structuring your system just to match the format of ISO9K:2K (though it is much better than ISO9K:1994) and just document the way you do business now, then match what you have documented with the requirements of ISO in a matrix (probably with some explanation), then fill in the gaps (we have to add quite a bit for customer contact and satisfaction).

I hope that is on track, feel free to shoot me down if not.

P

Paes Mendes

Originally posted by Paes Mendes:

Mark:
thank You for your help, and the material sended.
Your point of view confirms what i think about the spirit of ISO 9000:2000.
For me the idea is not to convert the requirements of ISO 9000:94 in isolated processes and describe them, but to clear identify, describe and keep in control the Processes that allow the Organization to produce the products now and in the future.
In this sense, i think that for instance traceability is only a procedure (that can be translated as a process), but is only a support process.
Correct?
Thank you again.

Top Bottom