Processes interaction of QMS

Hi all,

In the QMS of my company, we identify 24 processes and make turtle chart for each of it, but i am considering how to make the interactions among the processes clear ? Even though there is a process matrix to define the related process, it still seems not enough to get a clear overview of the whole of QMS.

Hope to hear your idea.

Thanks
Kevin

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
Welcome to the cove kevin!
If you have incorporated upstream (input) processes providing the input & downstream (output) processes to which output is being delivered in turtle chart, it should make the interactions clear.

There are similar discussions at the bottom of the thread, I would suggest you to go through those threads for other suggestions.

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi all,

In the QMS of my company, we identify 24 processes and make turtle chart for each of it, but i am considering how to make the interactions among the processes clear ? Even though there is a process matrix to define the related process, it still seems not enough to get a clear overview of the whole of QMS.

Hope to hear your idea.

Thanks
Kevin
I believe I align with @AMIT BALLAL 's response by saying ..- don't overthink this. Turtles are fine as long as they provide a benefit and aren't simply the creation of more mouths to feed.
Yes, the standard requires identifying the sequence and interaction for processes. However, doing this in a simple VISUAL way can be a great tool for the organization...particularly when onboarding new associates. Do it in a way that benefits the organization. Clear-simple-concise-beneficial.

Hope this helps.

Be well.

was named killer

Involved In Discussions
I believe I align with @AMIT BALLAL 's response by saying ..- don't overthink this. Turtles are fine as long as they provide a benefit and aren't simply the creation of more mouths to feed.
Yes, the standard requires identifying the sequence and interaction for processes. However, doing this in a simple VISUAL way can be a great tool for the organization...particularly when onboarding new associates. Do it in a way that benefits the organization. Clear-simple-concise-beneficial.

Hope this helps.

Be well.
Well said John.

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi all,

Hope to hear your idea.

Thanks
Kevin
Kevin,

You could start by showing what your organization does to convert customer needs into cash in the bank. That is your core process and it comprises interacting key processes.

The other key processes in your system sustain and continually improve the core process.

Keep it simple and use the language of your organization instead of the standard.

Let us see what you end up with.

John

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Quality Manual - Description of the Interaction between Processes of the QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 27
D 4.2.2c - Description of the interaction between the processes of the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Q Interaction of Processes IOP NCR Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
S New Interaction of Processes ISO 9001:2015 - Please Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Sequence and Interaction of the Processes - Please review my Process Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Q ISO 9001:2008 4.1 b Clarification - Sequence and Interaction of Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
R Defining Interaction of Processes in a Software Company Software Quality Assurance 3
J Processes Interaction: Criteria and Methods ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A Interaction of Processes for both ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 Combined Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
C Flow Chart showing Interaction of Core and Support Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
Q Visual Charts of Interaction of Quality Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
D Workflow showing Sequence and Interaction of Processes in a Recruitment Scenario ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Explanation of Sequence and Interaction of Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M Do I need a Procedure for Each Process? And the Interaction of Processes - TS16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
S Clarify on sequence & interaction of processes - Manufacturer of wiring harness IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
N From 1994 to 2001 - Processes and interaction thereof ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
L Quality Plan or Sequence and interaction of the processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A Interaction between processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
J Determine the sequence and interaction of processes - ISO9001 Clause 4.1 and 4.1 b ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
R How do I show the Interaction of Processes in the Quality Manual referring to 4.1(b)? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 46
R Description of the Interaction of Processes - Para 4.2.2 c) - Seeking Examples ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 30
I Representation of the Interaction between Processes of the Quality Management System IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
apestate How do I satisfy 4.1 - Identify and determine the sequence and interaction processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A How Do I Determine Interaction of Processes in My Company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
L TS 16949 Clause 4.2.2 c - Interaction of Processes - What does this mean? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 184
C Process Interaction Chart - Graphical representation of top level business processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
A Interaction between the processes of the quality management system ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
qualprod Is it worth to document all the processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
H Streamlining audit response and corrective action processes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
R Validation of processes Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
ernieto Outsourced Processes Quality Agreements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
N Change Control for processes & products Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
B Where do the definitions of the types of processes come from? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
D IATF PROCESSES IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R Role of QA during Design and Development of Products and Processes Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
N Validation of special processes - thread closed Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
E Any template/ form of Monitoring and Measurement of Processes and product to ISO 13485? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
validationspec How to Validate the Automated Processes (CNC Lathe and Milling)? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
H Existing cloud based medical device - questions regarding improving the processes IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 6
armani Internal audit plan and processes for ISO 14001:2015 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
A IRIS audit - Discussion about Special Processes General Auditing Discussions 11
S Can outsourced processes be excluded from QMS scope? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
C Capability in sewing processes CP,CPk,PP,PPk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 10
J Informal vs formal scope creep... managing non-medical devices through system processes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S MDR - System and procedure pack article 22 and all sub processes that apply ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
Q Process description for outsourced processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
I Realization processes input into overall risk ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
normhowe "The Problem with Quality Management: Process orientation, controllability and zero-defect processes as modern myths" Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
K PDCA cycle and ISO processes alternative model Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
Q Swimlane von Prozessen - Swim lane of processes Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 16