Product Audit - It must be a separate and distinct activity (IATF 16949)

Woody

Starting to get Involved
The recent release of FAQs and SIs for IATF 16949 along with training for our CBs auditing staff forces me to take another look at Product Audits. For the last 15 years or so, I've always been able to demonstrate through various audits that the intent of product auditing was met. My CB says otherwise now - it must be a separate and distinct activity from all other audits and inspections. So I am looking at Customer Specific Requirements. FCA refers me to PF-8500 and Product Assurance Testing manual. For the life of me, I cannot locate these. Searches on the FCA portal come up blank. I'll gladly fork over the fee if I could just see where to obtain these...

S

singhars

Hi,

Yes Product Audit is a separate requirement wherein you need to audit the product at all appropriate stages of Production(From Raw material to semi-finished goods to Finished goods.As far as fiat CSR is concerned you need to check your AQ approval documents which are used for any product approval.This is basically your product approval form.Further this could exist in other forms as well like agreement of ispection etc.

Woody

Starting to get Involved
I appreciate the input, Singhars, but I probably did not make clear that it is the referenced documents that I am trying to locate.

UncleFester

Involved In Discussions
Have you logged on as a supplier to FCA? Materials you're looking for should be there. Look up 'esupplier for FCA'

Hendor

Involved In Discussions
Hi.
Would someone share a sample format for product auditing?
and, if possible, one of process auditing.

In my case, we have a process of stamping and welding by electrodes.
And in my opinion I think the checklist we use is not entirely efficient, we lost the course some time ago ..:deadhorse:

I appreciate your help

Enghabashy

Quite Involved in Discussions
The recent release of FAQs and SIs for IATF 16949 along with training for our CBs auditing staff forces me to take another look at Product Audits. For the last 15 years or so, I've always been able to demonstrate through various audits that the intent of product auditing was met. My CB says otherwise now - it must be a separate and distinct activity from all other audits and inspections. So I am looking at Customer Specific Requirements. FCA refers me to PF-8500 and Product Assurance Testing manual. For the life of me, I cannot locate these. Searches on the FCA portal come up blank. I'll gladly fork over the fee if I could just see where to obtain these...

The product audits can use the same of QC & inspection forms & actually the same acceptance criteria of products settled in management system ; but the product auditor here should be independent from QC dept.

M

malasuerte

I appreciate the input, Singhars, but I probably did not make clear that it is the referenced documents that I am trying to locate.

Sorry, I may be confused. But the requirement is in the IATF standard itself. It even has its own subclause.

The organization shall have a documented internal audit process. The process shall include the development and implementation of an internal audit program that covers the entire quality management system including quality management system audits, manufacturing process audits, and product audits.

M

malasuerte

Hi.
Would someone share a sample format for product auditing?
and, if possible, one of process auditing.

In my case, we have a process of stamping and welding by electrodes.
And in my opinion I think the checklist we use is not entirely efficient, we lost the course some time ago ..:deadhorse:

I appreciate your help

You develop the plan yourself.

Additionally, if you are using a checklist, then you are not really doing a process audit.

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
You develop the plan yourself.

Additionally, if you are using a checklist, then you are not really doing a process audit.

Thank you so much for your reply. But I don't think there was a question regarding process audit. And I beg to differ about usage of checklists. Checklists can be used during process audits.

M

malasuerte

Thank you so much for your reply. But I don't think there was a question regarding process audit. And I beg to differ about usage of checklists. Checklists can be used during process audits.

Meant, If only using a checklist.

Top Bottom