Product Audits must include raw material or incoming inspection process?

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I suspect that we're getting caught up in semantics (or maybe just I am?). The requirements are that we must ensure that incoming products meet requirements. Whatever we use to effectively do that is OK. I can call it a product audit, process audit, incoming inspection, verification of purchased product, or whatever.

W

wangxingde

yes, you are right. but we have a incomeing inspection when we received the goods.

P

p_tww

wangxingde said:
Who can answer to me that Products audit shall include raw material or incoming inspection process or not.

I thought it depend on what product you made. If final product function is not directly basing on material performance, such as gearbox etc, product audit should focus on what you delivered to customer. If your product is mould plastic injection parts, the material would be covered in prouduct audit cause it formed final functions.

I agree the concerns from all the above participants. Anyway, product audit is to recognize deviations and to confirm compliance of customer requirements(drawing/specifications).
the company should emphazied on something, if all the material should be covered in product audit, and some OEM required monthly product audit, it would be over workload and a big trouble for the company.
So. It should be depend on what product you made.

V

Valeri

Maybe this will help, definitions per AIAG, yeah, automotive:

Process Audit - Performs a "deep dive" into how each process actually works. This audit verifies the process is being followed.

Product Audit - The intent of this audit is verification that the control plan controls in different stages of production, including the shipping dock. This verifies that the control plan is followed and required checks are being performed. :)

T

tattva

Incoming product quality

Hi guys!

I totally agree with Howste, if there´s is no raw material audit then there´s no reason for AIAG to write 7.4.3.1 in the specification. there´s a reason for doing incoming product quality

So IMO must have product audit.

Top Bottom