SBS - The best value in QMS software

Product Quality Management Framework Policy and SMART Objectives

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi! I am developing a framework for Product Quality Management. Does someone have a Product Quality Mamagement Framework , policy and SMART Objectives? Thank you.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

DrM2u

Re: Product Quality Management Framework

I would love to help but ... Help me understand what is your definition of "Product Quality Management Framework".

Last edited by a moderator:

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions

Product Quality focus of PRoducts compliance to specification. I have implemented the ISO9000 and TS16949. And product quality is embodied in these standards. But If I have to develop a seperate system for Product Quality Management, I would call it Product Quality Assurance manual. Thank you .

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator

It seems redundant to me.
- Does your quality policy address meeting product requirements?
- Do you have quality objectives and metrics relevant to product quality?
- Do you meet all of the requirements of ISO 9001 and TS 16949 (especially clause 7)?

If so, then I think you already have a system for product quality management.

D

DrM2u

I second Howste! If you have implemented, are compliant with and took to heart the requirements of ISO 9001 and/or TS 16949 then you are there. Look at your compliance with clauses 7.X, 8.2.3, 8.2.4 & 8.3 in particular for Product Quality Assurance.

C

Chance

As far as my understanding, objectives should be clear, measurable and attainable. I don't know about SMART ones.

P

pthareja

Conventionally acronum fro SMART implies:
say for a glass tumblers

Specific : product must be safe, reliable (withstand autoclaving)
Measureable : In terms of specifications ( dia, volume)
Achieveable : 100 tumblers produced in an hour
Realistic : For the same transparency and weight the strength to be increased by 20%
Time bound : Production capacity and all above requirements are chieved by Dec 2010

TS 16949 mandates use of APQP (advanced product Quality planning) and PPAP (production part approval process).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Integrating acquired existing product into Quality Management System Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Including Product Trade-Ins in our Quality Management System (QMS) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Fexjo How to Link Quality Management System, Manufacturing and Product Audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Management Review - Process Performance & Product Conformity vs. Quality Performance Management Review Meetings and related Processes 5
C Audit Checklists: Quality Management System - Manufacturing Process - Product IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
Sidney Vianna Informational APQP4Wind - Advanced Product Quality Planning for the Wind Power Supply Chain APQP and PPAP 3
Miner Quality checks of product QR codes FMEA and Control Plans 2
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949 News Presentations from the latest IATF Stakeholder Event - Expectation that IATF 16949 certification should equate with product quality. Misguided? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
G Medical Devices: Product/Production Quality EU Medical Device Regulations 2
N PQC (Product Quality Characteristics) and PFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 3
A How to systemically improve product quality in short-term and long-term basis? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 1
Sidney Vianna SCMH Awareness Webinar Focused on the revised Advanced Product Quality Planning APQP AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
Q Internal Audit of Product Quality Complaint System (21 CFR Part 820) Customer Complaints 9
U Relating maintenance to product quality Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
J Service Industry Quality Manual and Product Realization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K NPI (New Product Introduction) Quality Plan Outsourced Manufacturer/Supplier APQP and PPAP 3
H 87% Confidence Level for the Product Quality Control for Various Products Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
J Will these Quality Objectives cover the Product Requirements? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Marc Acronym ANPQP - Alliance New Product Quality Procedure Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 2
P ISO9001 in Quality Control Department - Control of Nonconforming Product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Roberticus Can Buyer stipulate that all product quality efforts be directed straight through her Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
A Quality Assurance Stamps and Supplies for Certifying Product Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
Q Separate Quality System? Product line of a parent company spins off 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
G Defining Quality Objectives for Product Realization and Design and Development AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
A Quality Control Material (Product Code OHQ) Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
P Boeing D6-51991 Quality Assurance Standard for Digital Product Definition AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
L Product Manager vs. Quality Manager: Who is right? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 14
J SFDA Product Quality Tracking Report - Anyone with experience to share? China Medical Device Regulations 2
M Product Quality Planning Resposibility Matrix (APQP manual page 2) APQP and PPAP 3
G Why is Service Quality different than Product Quality? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
L How to improve Product Quality - New Job as Quality Manager Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
AnaMariaVR2 Consumer Perceptions of Product Quality Revisited: Made in China Customer Complaints 1
Q How to Audit the Client Quality System - Product Failure caused by no Maintenance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
V Defining Quality Assurance's Role in R&D (Product and Process Development) Design and Development of Products and Processes 11
michellemmm Software Product Development Quality Assurance (PDQA) Audit Checklists Software Quality Assurance 12
S 8 Dimensions of Product Quality according to Garvin Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 7
M Quality and Reference - Recommending a product or service or company or brand Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 5
G Quality Charges for Repacking Re-Inspected Product Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
C Product Quality Planning Summary and Sign Off Sheet APQP and PPAP 3
1 Putting Quality in place before shipping product Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 18
T Measuring Quality Performance of Distributors - Product defects Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
E Product Development - Quality Manual - Subdivision of a global company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Does overdue preventive maintenance require an evaluation on product quality? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
J KPC (Key Product Characteristic) vs. PQC (Product Quality Charecteristic)? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
Y Establishing and Measuring Individual Performance to Product Quality Standards Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
J Is QMS similar to quality plan if there is only one product? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
W How to make a Product Specification Summary / Quality Inspection Sheet Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Quality Policy - should a brief description of the company & its product be included? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A What is ISO 9001 Certification and how does it relate to Product Quality? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38