Product Quality Management Framework Policy and SMART Objectives

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi! I am developing a framework for Product Quality Management. Does someone have a Product Quality Mamagement Framework , policy and SMART Objectives? Thank you.

D

DrM2u

Re: Product Quality Management Framework

I would love to help but ... Help me understand what is your definition of "Product Quality Management Framework".

Last edited by a moderator:

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions

Product Quality focus of PRoducts compliance to specification. I have implemented the ISO9000 and TS16949. And product quality is embodied in these standards. But If I have to develop a seperate system for Product Quality Management, I would call it Product Quality Assurance manual. Thank you .

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

It seems redundant to me.
- Does your quality policy address meeting product requirements?
- Do you have quality objectives and metrics relevant to product quality?
- Do you meet all of the requirements of ISO 9001 and TS 16949 (especially clause 7)?

If so, then I think you already have a system for product quality management.

D

DrM2u

I second Howste! If you have implemented, are compliant with and took to heart the requirements of ISO 9001 and/or TS 16949 then you are there. Look at your compliance with clauses 7.X, 8.2.3, 8.2.4 & 8.3 in particular for Product Quality Assurance.

C

Chance

As far as my understanding, objectives should be clear, measurable and attainable. I don't know about SMART ones.

P

pthareja

Conventionally acronum fro SMART implies:
say for a glass tumblers

Specific : product must be safe, reliable (withstand autoclaving)
Measureable : In terms of specifications ( dia, volume)
Achieveable : 100 tumblers produced in an hour
Realistic : For the same transparency and weight the strength to be increased by 20%
Time bound : Production capacity and all above requirements are chieved by Dec 2010

TS 16949 mandates use of APQP (advanced product Quality planning) and PPAP (production part approval process).

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom