Product Realization - Interpreting Clause 7

E

energy

Hi Quality Folks,

We have developed a Quality Plan for our company that is made up of three (3) divisions, all in the same building. Our distribution group is made up mainly of walk-in and telephone customers. One division requires a fullblown Quality Plan as we do design and servicing. I have added the following note to the Quality Plan to encompass the two other groups.
Q9001:2000-Section 7.2.2 “Note In some situations, such as Internet Sales, a formal review is impractical for each order. Instead the review can cover relevant product information such as catalogues or advertising material.”
Most of the "Distribution Group" customers are responding to catalogs and sales flyers.
I have suggested using a modified version of the above statement in the Quality Plan to exclude the Distribution Group from formal reviews. Alternate suggestions were to develop 2 additional Quality Plans for those particular groups. I would rather not do that because the Distribution Group can be required to fabricate "special" equipment for a specific Customer.

So am I all wet with my interpretation of this clause as shown in the standard? Will adding this the Quality Plan suffice?

energy

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Sounds like it will fly. A contract review of an internet sale can simply be that data was entered correctly. The review is by the data entry person.

A

Al Dyer

And the number of rejected orders could be used to show effectiveness.

ASD...

E

energy

Thanks Marc and Al. Besides catalogs, special sale fliers, magazine ads, etc., we also have Customers that stop in and pick off the shelves. We sell a lot of water filter media such as gravel, carbon, salt, etc. We make out an order, load their vehicle and they're gone. Fast and easy. I intend to have a procedure which explains the types of orders we receive, for our Distribution Group, with work instructions regarding order entry protocols. They differ in the way the various types of sales are handled. Thanks for your input. My confidence level is high.

energy

K

kvnchrls

Re: Interpreting Clause 7 - Product Realization

Hello All,
Can anyone give me some interpretation/direction on Section 7.1 (ISO 9001-2000 Somewhat unclear as to the expected output.Need some definition here.

"The output of this planning shall be in a form
suitable for the organization's methods of operation."

Thank you, Kevin

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Interpreting Clause 7 - Product Realization

"The output of this planning shall be in a form suitable for the organization's methods of operation."

Hi, Kevin. Welcome to the Cove.:bigwave:

The output of our planning is a router and process drawings. Here is our Advanced Product Quality Planning procedure (see esp. Section 3.2 - and I just saw my typos:mybad: ) and a link to the thread where I have posted samples of our "output". Hope they are helpful.

Supplier Quality Plans - Non-automotive company

Attachments

• TCP.02.01.doc
    58 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
K

kvnchrls

Thank you Cari for your response. The Traveler was very clear and concise.

Best Regards, Kevin

Top Bottom