Product Realization - What does Product Realization mean in terms I can explain?

R

ralphsulser

"Product Realization"

We are switching from QS to TS
I have read the standards and the elements, but what does
"Product Realization" really mean in terms I can explain to our Japanese managers?:confused:

S

Sam

Well, first of all Ralph,: good luck.
To explain quality standards to those motivated by the Deming philosphy is a challenge.
One of Mr. Demings' pet peeves was the term "Operational Definition".
For starters, IMO an operational definition for product realization would be;
The culmination of events that transfer customer requirements/expectations into a product/service that conforms to those customer requirements expectations.

P

paulnguyen

APQP

Hi,

IMO, it is very much similar to the current APQP with addition of the Production Control which includes product identification, traceability, preservation, equipment measuring and monitoring.

Paul N.

P

paulnguyen

Hi,

The product development is a part of the 7.3 Design and development.

The 7.3 from TS applies to both "product" and "process". I would assume that you meant "product design and development" term.

Note: the product design and development may be exluded if you are ISO9002 with no product design responsible.

It's again, IMO.

Paul N.

R

ralphsulser

Thanks for the input, but I guess I was looking for a more condensed version, and translateable. If such a thing exists.
Please keep sending your suggestions, maybe there's something out there.:confused:

P

paulnguyen

Hi,

There are some abbreviations commonly used in the forums:

- IMO: in my opinion
- FYI: for your information
- FYEO: for your eyes only
- ASAP: you properly hear this one a lot, as soon as possible

etc.

Anybody knows where we can find a complete list of these useful things?
Or may I suggest the Cove sort all the threads and come up with a "library" of these words for all users to use?.

Paul N.

Top Bottom