Production Development Process APQP Methodology

V

vinny

Hi gang, has anyone ever heard of Production Development Process as an APQP methodology? A colleague from a sister company heard something about it somewhere and mentioned it to me, but I don't ever recall hearing the term before.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi gang, has anyone ever heard of Production Development Process as an APQP methodology? A colleague from a sister company heard something about it somewhere and mentioned it to me, but I don't ever recall hearing the term before.

Could you please give us more details?
Probably I did not understand well the question.
generally speaking,APQP is a common metholody in automotive sector for product realization planning.:bigwave:

V

vinny

I'm not sure I know any more details. I've been using automotive APQP for more than 20 year so I know that fairly well. A colleague told me he had seen something on "PDP" as a new technique. I tried to search it and came up with Production Development Process, but I'm not even sure that is right. This may be a wild goose chase.

qusys

I'm not sure I know any more details. I've been using automotive APQP for more than 20 year so I know that fairly well. A colleague told me he had seen something on "PDP" as a new technique. I tried to search it and came up with Production Development Process, but I'm not even sure that is right. This may be a wild goose chase.

Hi Vinny,
I went on surfing google and I have found something concerning with Toyota Product Development System. If you check , there are articles about thet topic but I do not know if they are what you are searching for.
However, I think they could be right stuff as well.Please let us know.:bigwave:

V

vinny

:thanks:Thanks, I'll check it. We supply Toyota so I'm familar with their processes. I'll check the article out however. Thanks again.

qusys

:thanks:Thanks, I'll check it. We supply Toyota so I'm familar with their processes. I'll check the article out however. Thanks again.

Hi Vinny.
I read the article on the web but I do not know if it is possible to put here the link in attachment.
However make the research on your own or check it directly.
Appreciated your thanks. Thks again!:bigwave:

DuncanGibbons

Involved In Discussions
Any further on this topic?

I'm also wondering where PDP fits in and exactly what it is, could it have a different name within industry?

The paper "Supplier Involvement in Product Development Process (PDP) for Automotive Industry" by D.Leite and M. Borsato 2009 highlights tools and methods that influence the quality of PDP such as DFMA, FMEA, DOE, Benchmarking etc which leads me to deduce that PDP and APQP are similar techniques, am I correct in saying this?

How I currently view this is that PDP is the overall term, and APQP is an in-depth method/collection of methods within PDP, correct?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
APQP has also made inroads in the Aerospace Industry (a deliberate and concerted effort) by a couple of organizations who are set to profit handily from it, by providing training and consulting into the aero-derivative of APQP, the SAE AS9145.

A lot of free downloadable APQP guidance material exists in the IAQG SCMH website.

Top Bottom