Production Process Sheet Review Meetings

S

SteveQM

Hi guys,

Just a quick question.

I have my quality inspectors held up every morning printing production process sheets. I am almost 100% sure that this function should be a production function not quality. Am I right or wrong?

To assist I wanted to make a file with all production process sheets and hand that over to production so that they can make copies when required.

Thoughts please.

Thank you so much.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
P

PaulJSmith

Re: Production Process Sheets

Welcome to The Cove, SteveQM!

Here comes that dreaded answer; It depends. Mainly, I suppose, it depends on the function of those sheets. If it's something Quality needs for the inspection, then there's nothing wrong with your inspectors gathering the needed information. If, however, it's paperwork that is supposed to be there as part of the inspection, then you might have a valid point.

S

SteveQM

Hey Paul,

Thank you so much for the welcome.

I do see your point and will make a decision from that aswell.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Hi guys,

Just a quick question.

I have my quality inspectors held up every morning printing production process sheets. I am almost 100% sure that this function should be a production function not quality. Am I right or wrong?

To assist I wanted to make a file with all production process sheets and hand that over to production so that they can make copies when required.

Thoughts please.

Thank you so much.
Sometimes "We've always done it this way" is difficult to change. If there is some sort of production control function in your company, and the document in question is production-oriented (like a traveler or routing sheet), then it should probably be done by someone other than an inspector. This is especially true if inspectors are "held up" while printing documents. Before complaining about it to someone, have a plan. Don't say "I don't want to do this anymore," say "I think I might have a better way."

S

SteveQM

Hey Jim,

Wow. There was so much positive feedback I will definitely use here in your post.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi guys,

Just a quick question.

Thoughts please.

Thank you so much.
Not sure of the size of the company and limited resources there are available but it sounds like they are using Inspectors as administrator assistance. One way to handle this is to let upper management and production people know that you are reevaluating the scope of duties for inspection and you need to establish clear criteria for the department and for future hires.... then quietly, eliminate items that are not required for your department and present it to management for review and approval.

Last edited:
S

SteveQM

Hey dsanabria,

Wow. All this info is definitely helping me out here. I am so happy that I have come across such professionals.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
N In-Process Production Test Stations in PFMEA (Process FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 18
H Informational What is PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? APQP and PPAP 26
K AS9100D production process scheduling requirements Internal Auditing 14
A Statistical Process Control and Inspection in Footwear Production Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
J Differences between a Risk Management Plan vs. Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
K FAI (First Article Inspection) vs PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) APQP and PPAP 15
M Cement Production Process Audit Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 3
I Where to find VDA 6.3 Robust Production Process (rpp) PDF file ? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
R Calibration of processing equipment - 21 CFR 820.70 Production and process controls 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
Q Form for Managing Coating Process Parameter Changes during Production Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Q Introducing Process based approach on Production Floor Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
J PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Requirements for Annual Revalidations APQP and PPAP 1
B Example of Production Process Change having Significant Consequences AS9100C 7.5.1.2 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
V Production Development Process APQP Methodology APQP and PPAP 9
M Changes Assessment as per AS9100 Clause 7.5.1.2 Control of Production Process Changes AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
V Supplier?s PPAP - Production Process Control Plan Review, Evaluation and Approval? FMEA and Control Plans 5
G AS9100 Clause 7.5.1.1 Production Process Verification Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
T How to link Process Design Changes in Serial Production to Design & Development? Design and Development of Products and Processes 6
P Risk Assessment Production Process Milling for Implantable Joints EU Medical Device Regulations 2
B ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.2 - Validation of Process for Production and Service Provision ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
J Production Process Verification - AS9100 Clause 7.5.1.1 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
J Production Process vs. Manufacturing Process - Differences IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
P Production Process deviated from Documented Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
T Nylon Fiber Production - Job Interview - New to this type of process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
R Suppliers Defects found during Production Process - Supplier Scorecards Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
B Complicated Production Process - Sub-Process Documentation Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Part Marking: When in the production process to mark parts? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
S Validation of Production Process - Practical Example ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Q Methods for doing Production Process Risk Analysis ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
A LPA's (Layered Process Audits) for Non-Production Support Processes Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 13
M Correlation Production Time Study on a Process on an Assembly Line Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
R Starting In-Process Quality Inspection in the Production Shopfloor Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
W Process of Pre-Production under Mass Production Conditions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
P Robots in a Production Line - Control Plan and Process FMEA Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
M PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) files for Ford APQP and PPAP 11
K Process Validation of Low Volume Production of Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
R Line Leader Assessment form - Qualification process for production line leader Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
A Production Process Planning - Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Quality Control during the Production Process (Space Constraints for QC Inspectors) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
S Forms for changing process specifications during production Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
A Self-controlled production process - OK according to ISO 9001 requirements? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
A What is PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Why submit it and/with PSW APQP and PPAP 2
B Help for beginner - PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) APQP and PPAP 9
S APQP Application - Product/process modification and production transfer APQP and PPAP 6
D Production Process in Ceramics - Toyota Production System Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
R Is Kappa Study Required during PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
D "Special Production Process" Validation and TS16949 Clause 7.5.2.1 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
T Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Presentation in ppt. format APQP and PPAP 3
M Audit of Goods In as part of the QSIT "Production & Process Controls" Schedule 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4