Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Production Trial Run/ Production Proveout Methodology and Key Checkpoints

A

abhinav_sj

Hello,

Can somebody provide me informative material on Production Trial Run.

I need the methodology to be followed and what should be the key checkpoints?

Regards,
Abhinav

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello,

Can somebody provide me informative material on Production Trial Run.

I need the methodology to be followed and what should be the key checkpoints?

Regards,
Abhinav
Hello abhinav_sj,

Welcome to The Cove! :bigwave:

See attached PowerPoint slides, in particular slide #76. That may be a start.
The key checkpoints should be all requirements associated with the process and product. Refer to the specifications, special characteristics, control plans, etc. Also, see the AIAG APQP manual for more guidelines.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

Attachments

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
The key checkpoints should be all requirements associated with the process and product.
If you have to check everything, then there are no "key checkpoints." :D In fact, the key checkpoints will vary with the product, the process, and what's already known. For example, if the new product is substantially similar to an existing or former product, the focus in the trial production run might be very limited. It also depends on what the customer expects; if PPAP is involved, a complete layout might be required regardless of the pedigree of the new product.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
If you have to check everything, then there are no "key checkpoints." :D In fact, the key checkpoints will vary with the product, the process, and what's already known. For example, if the new product is substantially similar to an existing or former product, the focus in the trial production run might be very limited. It also depends on what the customer expects; if PPAP is involved, a complete layout might be required regardless of the pedigree of the new product.
Jim,

You're right...my response was too general. But the OP should be aware that the process and product has to meet the requirements. Which ones specifically is determined at the "contract review" phase. Phase 1.0 "Plan and Define the Program" in APQP.

Stijloor.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Jim,

You're right...my response was too general. But the OP should be aware that the process and product has to meet the requirements. Which ones specifically is determined at the "contract review" phase. Phase 1.0 "Plan and Define the Program" in APQP.

Stijloor.
Yes, but the assumption is being made that the AIAG requirements are relevant, which isn't in evidence at this point. Regardless of that, I think it's safe to assume that the product must meet all of the requirements in the end. My point was that meeting some of the requirements might already be a matter of experience, so those things might not be of great concern, relatively speaking, in a trial run. The identification of key checkpoints should always be predicated on existing knowledge and experience, and knowing what to be afraid of.

G

gszekely

Hello abhinav_sj and welcome to the forum.
As usually in case of first posting by new users the inforamations you provided is not enough to give you more specific answers.
Do you work in food, medical, metal, aerospace, textile industry ?
As you can see too many opportunities.
I would suggest :
- scroll down to the bottom of the page and see similar threads
- run a search on the forum for keywords for ex: "production trial run, "process validation" etc
- give us more details about your needs
- see this attachment:
http://elsmar.com/Forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6583
and these threads:
http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=20841
http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=22720
Good luck
BR
György

A

abhinav_sj

thankyou for the links.

I work in an Engine manufacturing facility.

The product is completely new (very less carryover parts) also the manufacturing line is a new facility.

In such a case what should be key check points for following

Tool tryout
Line tryout
production trial run??

what is the role of following functions during PTR ?

Manufacturing
Product / Process Engineering
Quality Assurance
Logistics

Thanks and regards,
Abhinav

Top Bottom