Production Trial Runs Idiots Guide

M

Mark A Bamber

Can anybody out there furnish me with information regarding the above subject. Having searched APQP a number of times I can only find definitions & what I really want is an idiots guide of what the content is, what is is about and any rules of conducting one. Any examples would be sound !

Thanx Mark.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Review the PPAP manual, can be used for production and pre-production. Also, if you have access to the Chrysler PSO (process sign-off), it is a good source of info.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I agree that the PPAP manual has a lot of specifics - but - I caution you to talk with your customer's supplier QA contact and get firm agreement on their specific expectations.

M

Mark A Bamber

Many thanks for your responses, I have looked into PPAP but I am looking for something more than capability. Is there anything that looks at Availability, Efficiency and Capability of a process or machine. I have a copy of PSO & Run at Rate but cannot find anything on Availability or
Efficiency which gives an overall picture of
how a process is performing, does one exist ?

R

Roger Eastin

It almost sounds like you are asking "TE" type questions. Anyway, you may want to reference the Reliability and Maintainability Guideline published by SAE. This is referenced in the TE Supplement many times and though you may be asking these questions for different reasons than to comply to the TE Supplement, it is still a good resource for these definitions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Production Trial Run in AIAG APQP and Run at Rate (GP-9) GM 1927 APQP and PPAP 2
M Production Trial Run Checklist or PV Build Checklist wanted APQP and PPAP 3
A Production Trial Run/ Production Proveout Methodology and Key Checkpoints APQP and PPAP 6
Q ISO 9001 8.5.1 - Control of production and service performance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
C Production and Post Production feedback - ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
DuncanGibbons How is the arrangement between Design and Production organisation envisaged? EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 4
J Production Line Test Brasil - High Voltage Dielectric Strenght Test Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
J Iterative design and production for custom made products ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Production approval testing - Alternative ideas for Validation Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
S How do you record your Nonconforming product? Batch production of staged processes Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
A When there is a 2 year lapse in production, is a full FAI required? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
P Definition of production tooling in IATF16949 clause 8.5.1.6 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Moncia Production Planning procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Pre-Production Capability Assesment Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 5
N Calibration Requirements for Production Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Production of raw materials in university labs? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 11
D How long should we keep the spare parts available for our medical device, after we have stopped the production? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
V ISO 9001: 2015 Production drawing Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Determining Calibration Frequency schedule for items used in production Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
T Customer audit demands - that I state in my QM who can shut down production AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 14
R IATF 16949 Clause 8.5.1.6 a) maintenance and repair facilities - Production tooling management and personnel IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Ed Panek Bringing Production In house ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
Q IATF 16949 certification without automotive products in "production" IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Ed Panek Small Medical Device company - Bring production in-house ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Mr Skeleton PV (Production Validation) test plan responsibility APQP and PPAP 21
D Valeo 5 Axes and VPS (Production System) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
C Medical Device Stability Studies - Non-validated pilot production Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
Ed Panek Moving from Contract Manufacturing to Production In-House ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
andika_untoro What are a good Critical to Quality (CTQ) metrics for a biotech manufacturing production? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 0
Ed Panek Bringing Production in house from Contract Manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
L Why is initial production units, lots, or batches, or their equivalents required for Design Validation? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
chris1price MDR Conformity Assessment for a Class 2a device - Production Quality Assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Ed Panek Observational Audit of Contract Manufacturer Production ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
P AS9102 full FAl or a partial FAI after production inactivity period AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
W AS9120B 8.5.1 Control of Production and Service Provision AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
N In-Process Production Test Stations in PFMEA (Process FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 18
Q Methods to Calculate Available Production Rate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
T Logic that determines what production testing is needed ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
G Medical Devices: Product/Production Quality EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R Mass production handover check sheet (IATF 16949) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
H Informational What is PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? APQP and PPAP 22
C Documenting Cleaning Production Lines in Medical Device Pkg facility ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
C Documenting Cleaning Production Lines in Medical Device Pkg facility 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
C Documenting Cleaning Production Lines in Medical Device Pkg facility 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D VDA 6.4 Audit checklist - Production tool suppliers VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
D Production Strategy in Construction & Heavy Industries Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
A Operating criteria for production processes - ISO 14001 Cl. 8.1 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
A Return information production and post production ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
E ISO 9001 certification of the new plant before start of production ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18