Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Proficiency Testing for ISO 17025: AC Current Ranges

fahimk

Starting to get Involved
Hello,
I want to participate in recognized Proficiency Testing schemes for ISO 17025:2017 of electrical parameters. However, i am encountering the issue of mismatch of the ranges for AC Current (dc voltage, dc current, resistance, ac voltage). In our lab, we deal with following AC Current (@ 50Hz) ranges:

29.00 μA to 329.99 μA
0.33 mA to 3.29999 mA
3.3 mA to 32.9999 mA
33 mA to 329.999 mA

However, the available PT providers are dealing with AC currents of following ranges:

1) AC Current (1 A, 3 A; 3 Hz to 300 kHz
2) AC Current (1 - 3 A)

So, should i proceed ahead? Or need to search for others? Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello,
I want to participate in recognized Proficiency Testing schemes for ISO 17025:2017 of electrical parameters. However, i am encountering the issue of mismatch of the ranges for AC Current (dc voltage, dc current, resistance, ac voltage). In our lab, we deal with following AC Current (@ 50Hz) ranges:

29.00 μA to 329.99 μA
0.33 mA to 3.29999 mA
3.3 mA to 32.9999 mA
33 mA to 329.999 mA

However, the available PT providers are dealing with AC currents of following ranges:

1) AC Current (1 A, 3 A; 3 Hz to 300 kHz
2) AC Current (1 - 3 A)

So, should i proceed ahead? Or need to search for others? Any ideas?

Thanks
My experience here is that when you are audited for 17025 they will want to see evidence of competence in making the various measurements listed on your scope of accreditation. For instance, if you are using a multifunction calibrator to calibrate multimeters for AC current they will want to observe your method. They will not possibly watch you perform every possible range, just that you know how to perform the tests. If you are using a multimeter to check resistance they will want to see how you do that, etc.

Your proficiency testing will be similar. It is not possible for a proficiency test to cover every possible AC Current measurement, so they give a representative sample of common industry tests. That will be acceptable to the auditor who will check your proficiency testing records.

Top Bottom