Promoted to "Maintenance Manager - What should I expect in an ISO / QS9000 audit?

Q

quieroentrar

:bigwave:
Hello guys! I just want to tell you thanks to letme be part of this Forum . I have been reading some threads , It is really good.
:applause:
Well My point is this. I have got just promoted for a "Maintenance Mannager ", The point is not that one. I do not know anything about ISO9000, QS9000 and I am going to be audited next month. :mg:
I do not what should I do or what should I expect. I have never done it before:(
I went to buy me a Vaseline Jar but I do not think is going to help . :eek: :biglaugh:
Do you have any Ideas where should I start?:truce:
:thanks:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I moved this thread to the QS9000 forum.

Typically in an audit you have to know what your responsibilities are, make sure people are doing what they are supposed to be doing and things like that.

Have you never been audited before?

Q

quieroentrar

Thanks for the answer, I really appreciatte it
No I have not been audited before, I just got the jog and the surprise, I have been looking for information and I finally found a Procedures book (1998 last revision, probabbly obsoletes )I am going to start reading. :confused:

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
QS says

quieroentrar said:
Hello guys! I just want to tell you thanks to letme be part of this Forum . I have been reading some threads , It is really good.

Well My point is this. I have got just promoted for a "Maintenance Mannager ", The point is not that one. I do not know anything about ISO9000, QS9000 and I am going to be audited next month.
I do not what should I do or what should I expect. I have never done it before
I went to buy me a Vaseline Jar but I do not think is going to help .
Do you have any Ideas where should I start?

Congrats on the promotion - I hope!

Here is the QS requirement. If you can tell a little story (supported by facts) for all of this you'll be fine. I little preparation will likely make it go a lot easier. You probabaly have a lot of this work going on, you just need to spin it in QS 9000 terms.

Preventive Maintenance - 4.9.g.1

The supplier shall identify key process equipment and provide appropriate resources for machine/equipment maintenance and develop an effective planned total preventive maintenance system. At a minimum, this system shall include:

· A procedure that describes planned maintenance activities
· Scheduled maintenance activities
· Predictive maintenance methods - These methods should include a review of the appropriate items such as the manufacturer's recommendations, tool wear, optimization of uptime, correlation of SPC data to preventive maintenance activities, important characteristics of perishable tooling, fluid analysis, infrared monitoring of circuits and vibration analysis
· A procedure providing for packaging and preservation of equipment, tooling and gaging
· Availability of replacement parts for key manufacturing equipment
· Documenting, evaluating and improving maintenance objectives

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi quieroentrar - Welcome to the cove!:bigwave:

Are you talking about an internal audit or a surveillance audit from your registrar?

What I would do in your shoes is go find the Management Rep or whoever is in charge of the Internal Audits and ask what to expect.

I hope you like your new job!!:yes:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Advice for a barely promoted Quality and Compliance Manager Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
B Evolution in my own time? "Promoted" to Engineering Status - Goals for next Year. Career and Occupation Discussions 13
T ISO 17025:2017 requirement 5.7.b. about maintenance the integrity of the management system ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Feedback of typical maintenance problems with LMI digital probes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
S Are there ISO9001:2015 Requirements for Preventive Maintenance? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 36
Q Software SOP - Use and maintenance of an ERP system Software Quality Assurance 6
R Robotic weld cell - maintenance issues - expertise needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
J Requirements for Layered Process Audits including Maintenance, Shipping, Receiving IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
D Preventive Maintenance Implementation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
D Preventative Maintenance for Gages, handtools etc Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
C Determining if Maintenance Contractor is an External Service subject to ISO 9001 Clause 8.4 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 43
C Maintenance of Product Technical Documentation EU Medical Device Regulations 3
R IATF 16949 Clause 8.5.1.6 a) maintenance and repair facilities - Production tooling management and personnel IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Q Best criteria to measure Corrective Action effectiveness - Poor Maintenance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
M Minitab tool to evaluate PM (Preventive Maintenance) process Using Minitab Software 6
B Total Productive Maintenance - Company Transport IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
P Minor Non-Conformance - Maintenance Records Not Fully Completed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
L 21CRF820.70(g)(2) Maintenance Inspection Interval 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
I Tool maintenance and calibration procedure - Calibrating tools/equipment AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
K IATF16949 8.5.1.5 Total Productive Maintenance IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
J FAA Maintenance Requirements - DER Repair to a PMA Part Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 1
K Maintenance requirements for Production Equipment in AS9100D General Auditing Discussions 8
T Part 145 Maintenance Station S/N ESN Character Requirements EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 3
M Preventive Maintenance Spreadsheet in Excel Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
B IATF 16949 Section 8.5.1.5 (Total Productive Maintenance) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 19
Document Dame Does AS9100 certified OEM need AS9110 if no maintenance is provided? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
N Laboratory Audit Nonconformance - Maintenance of Standards ISO 17025 related Discussions 10
A Technical File Maintenance - Old generation product EU Medical Device Regulations 4
L Seeking help in Basic Maintenance Knowledge Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
M CAPA due to Consumer not following Maintenance Instructions... Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
S Preparing a Turtle Diagram for Maintenance Department Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
U Relating maintenance to product quality Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
S ISO 9001 Audit requirement for maintenance department ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
C Service and maintenance in an initial importer facility USA 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Mikael Total Productive Maintenance vs. Lean, Six sigma, Business Process Reengineering, etc Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
A Electronic Maintenance Records stored in a machine ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A How to create a Maintenance procedure based on TS 16949 Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
N ISO 9001 Quality Manual for an O&M (Operations and Maintenance) Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
S Predictive Maintenance Format / Example Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
T Are Customers required to follow a Manufacturers Maintenance Schedule? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
E Manufacturer Responsibility (vs. User/Customer) for Preventive Maintenance/Repair 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
A Technical Files/Dossier/STED File Maintenance for Notified Body Audiits Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
C Document Revision for each new Preventative Maintenance Checklist? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
M Where to start Maintenance Function Kaizen Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
A Assessing a Preventive Maintenance Strategy - Reliability or Maintenance Statistics Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
J Maintenance Man Hour Plan which satisfies EASA Part 145.A.30 (example needed) EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 4
S How to determine Preventive Maintenance and Calibration Grace Periods General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Q Preventative Maintenance Procedure that meets ISO TS 16949 Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
M Internal Quality Audit for Maintenance Department ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
I CE Mark of Aviation Maintenance Trailer with Elevation Accessories (Jacks) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2