Promoted to "Maintenance Manager - What should I expect in an ISO / QS9000 audit?

Q

quieroentrar

:bigwave:
Hello guys! I just want to tell you thanks to letme be part of this Forum . I have been reading some threads , It is really good.
:applause:
Well My point is this. I have got just promoted for a "Maintenance Mannager ", The point is not that one. I do not know anything about ISO9000, QS9000 and I am going to be audited next month. :mg:
I do not what should I do or what should I expect. I have never done it before:(
I went to buy me a Vaseline Jar but I do not think is going to help . :eek: :biglaugh:
Do you have any Ideas where should I start?:truce:
:thanks:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I moved this thread to the QS9000 forum.

Typically in an audit you have to know what your responsibilities are, make sure people are doing what they are supposed to be doing and things like that.

Have you never been audited before?

Q

quieroentrar

Thanks for the answer, I really appreciatte it
No I have not been audited before, I just got the jog and the surprise, I have been looking for information and I finally found a Procedures book (1998 last revision, probabbly obsoletes )I am going to start reading. :confused:

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
QS says

quieroentrar said:
Hello guys! I just want to tell you thanks to letme be part of this Forum . I have been reading some threads , It is really good.

Well My point is this. I have got just promoted for a "Maintenance Mannager ", The point is not that one. I do not know anything about ISO9000, QS9000 and I am going to be audited next month.
I do not what should I do or what should I expect. I have never done it before
I went to buy me a Vaseline Jar but I do not think is going to help .
Do you have any Ideas where should I start?

Congrats on the promotion - I hope!

Here is the QS requirement. If you can tell a little story (supported by facts) for all of this you'll be fine. I little preparation will likely make it go a lot easier. You probabaly have a lot of this work going on, you just need to spin it in QS 9000 terms.

Preventive Maintenance - 4.9.g.1

The supplier shall identify key process equipment and provide appropriate resources for machine/equipment maintenance and develop an effective planned total preventive maintenance system. At a minimum, this system shall include:

· A procedure that describes planned maintenance activities
· Scheduled maintenance activities
· Predictive maintenance methods - These methods should include a review of the appropriate items such as the manufacturer's recommendations, tool wear, optimization of uptime, correlation of SPC data to preventive maintenance activities, important characteristics of perishable tooling, fluid analysis, infrared monitoring of circuits and vibration analysis
· A procedure providing for packaging and preservation of equipment, tooling and gaging
· Availability of replacement parts for key manufacturing equipment
· Documenting, evaluating and improving maintenance objectives

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Slightly:topic: but
I think this is the only place that there is a request for objectives in general in QS9000
· Documenting, evaluating and improving maintenance objectives

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Hi quieroentrar - Welcome to the cove!:bigwave:

Are you talking about an internal audit or a surveillance audit from your registrar?

What I would do in your shoes is go find the Management Rep or whoever is in charge of the Internal Audits and ask what to expect.

I hope you like your new job!!:yes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom