Proper ISO standard for Pressure Testing and Leak Rates

marcusja2002

Involved In Discussions
I'm having a tough time finding the proper ISO standard for Pressure Testing. Specifically I'm trying to figure out if within this standard there is a method for testing leak rates with air and being able to connect that leak rate to a hydro-static rate.

I know air molecules are smaller than water, so I would assume for a water tight seal you might still see, say 3 bubbles of air a minute. Or if you pressurized the unit to 30 psi, it would drop to 28 psi in a min and still be considered water tight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

marcusja2002

Involved In Discussions
I saw that, and was worried it was just the vocabulary. I didn't want to purchase the standard for just definitions. If there are test methods there, beyond what is on the site, I'll go for that one.

marcusja2002

Involved In Discussions
When you say "Part 8"

I don't see a part 8 in this list

1557853624230.png

If not, then there are only 6 sections, which multiple clauses in each of them. All are definitions, not specific directions on how to run the tests, or specific guidelines for those tests.

1557853673696.png

1557853752578.png

1557853797147.png

1557853834145.png

I'm looking for something like 5 atm.cc/s of air is equal to 1 atm.cc/s of water. Or the standard test for verify hydorstatic pressure without water is X.

Not sure if something like that exists.

Top Bottom