Purchasing Procedure Example Needed

V

Vash Stampede

4.6 Purchasing

Hello,
Is there any website I can browse wherein I can possibly look regarding evaluation of supplier. We have current procedure on this, however as I've read other e-mail from the forum, I immediately discussed this problem to our superior and finally we found out that we are lacking especially on evaluation of suppliers which was discussed on item 4.6 of ISO elements.
Any feedback would be apreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Vash Stampede

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I don't know of any specific web sites to steer you to. Maybe one of the other folks know of one.

I will say supplier evaluation is not too difficult - less so in ISO than QS for what that's worth. If you look in Free Files directory you will find a supplier evaluation form or two to consider.

JodiB

Still plugging along
Purchasing procedure example?

Our Purchasing Mgr. has been dragging his feet in getting together a purchasing procedure. He has already agreed ,and failed to meet ,two deadlines. I have offered assistance numerous times in getting the procedure(s) written : starting a draft for him, organizing and editing his initial draft, etc. He has turned me down each time and has said that he has various notes that he's made and it is simply a matter of him consolidating them into a procedure (another task that I have offered to do for him, with no result).

Now, one day before his next deadline, he asks me if I have a sample of a purchasing (or supplier approval) procedure that he could use as a guide in putting his procedure together. Fair question. In fact I thought I had already given him Trakman's procedure which I downloaded a few months ago.

I've used most of the morning searching this site and all over the internet to try to find one. No luck.

Does anyone have any purchasing or supplier approval procedures that they could share? :bigwave:

JodiB

Still plugging along
Thanks!

Russ, ISO Guy, and CarolX, thanks for the help! They look great. I gave them to the Purchasing Manager yesterday afternoon and had a small conversation with him. He won't meet today's deadline but I know this will go a long way towards getting something out of him someday !

S

stilish

Other purchasing docs

Aaron Lupo said:
Or This. I have others let me know.
Hi Aaron
I seem to be struggling to get through to you via private messages so Marc Smith suggest I try through the original thread. This is what I originally sent:

Hi Aaron

I am currently reviewing and revising our purchasing processes and have found your posts and documents very interesting and useful. Would you be prepared to share the following documents you refer to with me so I can see the kind of questions you ask:

Form PO-001 New Supplier Qualification Form
Form QA-016: Supplier Evaluation Report
Form QA-016.2 Supplier Phone survey- Distributors/OneTime Suppliers
Form QA-016.3 Supplier Survey- Companies without a formal Quality System

Many thanks in anticipation

A

Aaron Lupo

I would but I no longer work for that company so I do not have access to the procedures sorry.

S

stilish

Aaron Lupo said:
I would but I no longer work for that company so I do not have access to the procedures sorry.
Thanks for getting back to me Aaron. Pity you aren't still there as I found those docs that you posted pretty useful. Would you be able to assist me with one aspect of the process your old company had? Generally how did the phone survey differ from the written survey in terms of the questions asked? I have put together a survey document for more critical suppliers to fill out but I'm just trying to work out how to put together a more compact phone survey for the less critical but nevertheless important suppliers. I don't want to subject them to a lengthy survey but still want to get some assurance that they have procedures in place to ensure the consistent achievement of our quality requirements.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Purchasing Procedure example as per ISO 9001:2008 wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
N Seeking an example of a purchasing procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
L Purchasing procedure and workload ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
H Cause analysis for an Audit Finding - Purchasing Procedure Content ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
P Purchasing Procedure - Review appreciated Imported Legacy Blogs 3
D Purchasing Procedure Manual Assistance needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A Advanced Purchasing Procedure guidelines or templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
P Purchasing Procedure - Review appreciated IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 19
A Procedure for procurement (purchasing) wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A CFO trying to turn Quality procedure for Purchasing into a purchasing manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
J 7.3 Design and 7.4 Purchasing - Creating the procedure Design and Development of Products and Processes 13
O Purchasing Procedure for small company/order entry template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
L Purchasing procedure - Seeking suggestions - How to include a 'loop' for follow-up ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
C Purchasing Procedure - Supplier selection, evaluation and re-evaluation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 22
S Purchasing Procedure - Purchasing process is not complete until product is received? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
J Purchasing Procedure - Where to put Material Request in the Procedure QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
M Purchasing Procedure - QSR ?820.50 and ISO 9001:1994 Clause 4.6 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
B Purchasing AS9100D Standard in Japanese AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
W Non-Conformance from recent Audit carried out on Purchasing AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
D Do purchasing controls apply to non-medical parts? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q Purchasing requirements for Toll Manufacturers Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
R Do Brands Matter When Purchasing Bore Gauge? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J COC (Certificate of Conformity) when NOT purchasing medical devices direct from the Manufacturer Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
R ISO 13485 purchasing QMS and ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
A Purchasing - Internal Audit Questions Internal Auditing 8
M Case study - If the restaurant (ISO 9001:2015 certified) was run by 2 persons covering cooking and purchasing processes (Mother and Father) supported ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Use of non-ISO 9001 Supplier - Purchasing through a distributor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
M AS9100d Controlling External Provided Processes (purchasing 8.4) - The customer want us to use supplier X AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Purchasing for Design and Development Organization ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Q AS 9100 C and D Purchasing requirements difference AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Q Risks and opportunities that could be associated with the purchasing department ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
R DFARS Compliance - Purchasing Aluminum Alloy 7075 -T73511 per AMS-QQ-A-200/11 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
N ISO 17025 Clause 4.6 Purchasing Services & Supplies (Compliance) ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
V Purchasing Controls - Prerequisites for Batch Release or even before Purchase Order 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
L ANVISA RDC 16 - purchasing records Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
K "Purchasing Controls" for Stand-alone Software US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
D Can we exclude purchasing and supplier evaluation - ISO9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
S Difference between 7.4.1 & 7.4.3 - Purchasing Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
E ISO 9001-2008 Purchasing controls ? Issuing POs Without Specific Approvals Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
S AS9100 7.4 "Purchasing of a Service" - Stress and Design Analysis AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
M Supplier Audit Form for Purchasing Controls ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A Question on Purchasing clause 7.4.1 of ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
A 7.4 Purchasing Question - My company only provides services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
W ISO 9001 Clause 7.4.2 Purchasing Information for Retail Products ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
L AS9100 - 7.4.2d Purchasing - Specification revision for raw material needed? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
P Purchasing Process Out of Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
H Methods to Ensure that we are Purchasing what we've Designed Benchmarking 16
T Purchasing SPC Software for Automotive Company Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
P Supplier Scorecard for ISO 9001 - Help me review the draft from my purchasing team ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
V Satisfying AS9100 7.4.2 Purchasing Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10