SBS - The best value in QMS software

Purchasing Process Map for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 - Example wanted

S

srb10139

Hi all,

I am a newcomer here. This place seems great with lots of useful information. Currently I am doing process mapping for ISO 9001/ISO 13485 and now I am in need of sample process map for Purchasing. I have already searched for it here, but without any success until now.

Any assistance will be very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
Hi all,

I am a newcomer here. This place seems great with lots of useful information. Currently I am doing process mapping for ISO 9001/ISO 13485 and now I am in need of sample process map for Purchasing. I have already searched for it here, but without any success until now.

I developed this process map for an electronic contract manufacturing compay a few years ago. It might give you a good start.

Attachments

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi all,

My advice would be to document what you already do (I assume that you currently buy things in). Then cross check that with what the standards require and if there are any gaps, fill them in.

You can always post the outcomes here and we will offer our thoughts and comments.

S

srb10139

Well, we are a group of students doing our project to develop this combined ISO 9001/ISO 13485 QMS for a very small company (15 people). We have already done gap analysis for the existing company processes, now in the process of process mapping for the most important processes. Our approach is to prepare the process mapping on a full scale (I mean incorporating everything possible) and then point the missing parts to the company. Is it alright as a way forward?? Comments/feedback/suggestions from experienced people here will be welcome.

With regards to the number of important processes, is there any definite amount? or can anyone provide some sort of list of such processes? Another confusion is difference between flow chart and process map, which one to follow??

There is so much information in Cove that sometimes I feel lost :(. But I am sure that this is the only place which I can resort to for reaching our goal!

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, we are a group of students doing our project to develop this combined ISO 9001/ISO 13485 QMS for a very small company (15 people). We have already done gap analysis for the existing company processes, now in the process of process mapping for the most important processes. Our approach is to prepare the process mapping on a full scale (I mean incorporating everything possible) and then point the missing parts to the company. Is it alright as a way forward?? Comments/feedback/suggestions from experienced people here will be welcome.

With regards to the number of important processes, is there any definite amount? or can anyone provide some sort of list of such processes? Another confusion is difference between flow chart and process map, which one to follow??

There is so much information in Cove that sometimes I feel lost :(. But I am sure that this is the only place which I can resort to for reaching our goal!
srb10139,

DEVELOPING A PROCESS-BASED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

Please study and understand clauses 4.1 and 4.2.1d. First analyze the core process that runs from determining customer needs and ends with cash in the bank for having fulfilled those needs.

From this you will have determined the key processes in the system. Those that are part of the core process and those that are essential for sustaining the core process.

I hope that you are working with the designated process owner (starting with the process objective - see 4.1c) in mapping or analyzing each process as they should stop you from writing idealistic procedures.

4.2.1d tells you not "to incorporate everything possible".

Process mapping results in flowcharts. If these are deployment flowcharts they can also act as your documented procedures.

Have you devised a means of uniquely identifying each procedure before it exists? This enables you to include the cross-references as you go.

Lastly, at least 90% of the system documentation will reflect what the organization already does. Bring nonconformities to the attention of the process owner as you go and record these on the relevant flowchart.

Failure to correct the process by the time of system launch should result in your system's first corrective actions.

Try not to improve the processes as you go however interesting this may be. This is the job of the management system as it is used and improved. So, get through the grind of developing the system as quickly as you can.

Copying another organization's documents is a distraction. :bonk:

Good luck,

John

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Purchasing Process Map example wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
A API Spec Q1 Purchasing Process - Supplier Reevaluation based on Supplier Risks 5.6.1.4 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 17
P Purchasing Process Out of Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D AS9100 Tooling Purchasing Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
T ISO 9001 Clause 7.4.1 Purchasing Process (Supplier Approval) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
T Employee not following Purchasing Process Other Medical Device Related Standards 27
Q AS9100 Clause 7.4.1 Purchasing Process and Approved Supplier List Records AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 37
A Requirement for Accredited Suppliers - ISO 9001 Clause 7.4.1 Purchasing process Service Industry Specific Topics 4
C API Q1 8th ed Clause 7.4 Purchasing - 7.4.1.1 Purchasing Process (supplemental) Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 9
J Ford GPDS, APQP, Product & Process Development Plans, Purchasing Department Processes Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
Q Initial Supplier Evaluation Method - 7.4.1 Purchasing Process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Purchasing Process - AS9120 Clause 7.4.1 - What do they want?! AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
A Exclusion of Purchasing Process - Consumer Electronics Product Design House Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
R Whether or not this Purchasing Process get NC during Audit?? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
R 7.4.1 Purchasing Process Criteria for re-evaluation of suppliers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
R Purchasing Process Metrics ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
S Supplier Re-evaluations - Purchasing Process - Clause 7.4.1 Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 9
P QMS Training - Purchasing Process - Seeking suggestions and comments Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
Icy Mountain Purchasing Process - Criteria for Evaluation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A ISO/TS16949 Clause7.4.1 Purchasing Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
V Purchasing process needs for R&D department - IVD Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T TS 16949 Clause 7.4 - Purchasing Process - Notes 1 and 2 - Mergers and acquisitions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
W Process inputs and outputs - Purchasing and Preservation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
A Process Measurement Parameters - Purchasing, design and production ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Purchasing Procedure - Purchasing process is not complete until product is received? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
P Purchasing Review and Approval Process QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 6
A Purchasing Controls on Change Management of Literature/Labeling ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A How to prepare QMS manual for purchasing department Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
William55401 Distributed By Product - Best Practices for Configuration Management and Purchasing Controls ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
S API Spec.Q1 Standards Version in Purchasing Information Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
B Purchasing AS9100D Standard in Japanese AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
L Purchasing procedure and workload ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
W Non-Conformance from recent Audit carried out on Purchasing AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
D Do purchasing controls apply to non-medical parts? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q Purchasing requirements for Toll Manufacturers Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
R Do Brands Matter When Purchasing Bore Gauge? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J COC (Certificate of Conformity) when NOT purchasing medical devices direct from the Manufacturer Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
R ISO 13485 purchasing QMS and ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
A Purchasing - Internal Audit Questions Internal Auditing 8
M Case study - If the restaurant (ISO 9001:2015 certified) was run by 2 persons covering cooking and purchasing processes (Mother and Father) supported ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Use of non-ISO 9001 Supplier - Purchasing through a distributor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
M AS9100d Controlling External Provided Processes (purchasing 8.4) - The customer want us to use supplier X AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Purchasing for Design and Development Organization ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Q AS 9100 C and D Purchasing requirements difference AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Q Risks and opportunities that could be associated with the purchasing department ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
R DFARS Compliance - Purchasing Aluminum Alloy 7075 -T73511 per AMS-QQ-A-200/11 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
N ISO 17025 Clause 4.6 Purchasing Services & Supplies (Compliance) ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
V Purchasing Controls - Prerequisites for Batch Release or even before Purchase Order 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
L ANVISA RDC 16 - purchasing records Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
K "Purchasing Controls" for Stand-alone Software US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2