Purchasing SPC Software for Automotive Company

T

Tony P

We are looking into getting SPC software for our company. We have a production floor that is currently writing all of its data on paper and then it gets filed away. We'd like to be able to enter that data into an SPC software and do away with the paper all together. Does anyone know of good software that can provide a very simple interface for production workers to enter in data? It would need to have the ability to search the data and track critical processes. We would use this for our auditing as well. I understand excel can do some of this, but we were looking for alternatives to excel.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Help on Purchasing SPC Software for Automotive Company

A Quick Bump!

Can someone help Tony?

Thank you very much!!

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource

We need more information on the type of processes you are trying to SPC. Are you willing to network the entire shop and pay for the licensing? Does each workstation need SPC entry and display? What kind of charting are you using, and what flexibility do you intend to need in your charting choices?

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
my personal recommendation: Infinity QS
I am not affiliated with them in any way but have purchased and used their product at several organizations and they offer great chart options beyond the standard shewhart charts and have all of the necessary control chart controls for production line data.

M

Matt33

I work for a company that develops SPC software, but I will refrain from promoting our products. I will suggest that once you have your list of software products to evaluate, that once the core needs are met, decide if the look and feel fits with your model of "good" software.

T

Tony P

We need more information on the type of processes you are trying to SPC. Are you willing to network the entire shop and pay for the licensing? Does each workstation need SPC entry and display? What kind of charting are you using, and what flexibility do you intend to need in your charting choices?
The only charting we would use would be for controlling the process. Probably just xbar/rbar charts. Our main reasoning for looking into the software is to get away from paper and have better traceability for audits and customer troubles. We would have workstations set up throughout the plant to allow workers to input their data, so we'd like to have full accessability throughout the plant.

I understand that Excel can do these things, but on the scale we will be doing them we would like a professional SPC software to handle this.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
my personal recommendation: Infinity QS
I am not affiliated with them in any way but have purchased and used their product at several organizations and they offer great chart options beyond the standard shewhart charts and have all of the necessary control chart controls for production line data.

They are also capable of generating X hi/lo-R charts if you are doing precision machining!

B

bussb

Give the team at Net-Inspect a call. Their SPC software is all web based, so your operators can enter data from any computer, tablet, laptop that is already out on the floor.

Plus, they only charge a flat monthly fee for each using site, so if you just have one factory, you get unlimited data and users for that site. It also includes your tier 1 suppliers, so your suppliers can enter real time data which is then available for you to review and monitor.

They specialize in AS9100 and aerospace, but their SPC module is perfect for any sector. Don't let the airplane pictures on their homepage deter you from calling them.

I am not an employee, but I have purchased and used their software at two companies.

Top Bottom