Pursuing AEA (Aerospace Experience Auditor) Certification

M

mlaurie

I?m currently working on being certified by RAB/QSA as an AEA independent contractor. I?ve passed an AS9100C Lead Auditor Course certified by RAB. I?d like to have as much in place before submitting my official application. The next hurdle is obtaining my supervised audits.
My plan is contact as many AEAs & AIEAs listed in RAB & IRCA?s contact list to see if I can join them on their audits, specifically in and around central & south Florida, (where I?m located).

My question is. What other options are available to obtain the necessary 20 days of supervised audits?
Is there a standard form that I need to fill out to verify these audits, or do I create my own. RAB has not been very responsive to these inquires based in part to personnel reassignments.
Has anyone been where I am and can advise/help with AEA certification?
Many thanks
Sarasota Mike

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: Pursuing AEA Certification

The 3rd party auditors themselves don't have the authority to allow you to join them in an audit. The CB's they represent have contractual agreements with the registrants and have to be very careful with whom they send as an audit team.

If you want to become an AEA, you need to contact the AS qualified CB's and discuss with them how you could join their ranks, either as a full time or contract auditor.

If you plan to limit your availability to central and south Florida, you are creating constraints that will make you less marketable. For good or for bad, 3rd party auditing requires a lot of travel, and the only way you could make a decent living, limiting yourself to Florida, would be for you to work, as a contract auditor, for several CB's, which brings a number of challenges.

Last edited:
I

ISOANDMOERE

What is the current route to become an AEA if you don't have the work experience and meet all other requirments

Thanks

Top Bottom