Q1/PENTASTER/QUALITY FOR EXCELLENCE

K

KHAN786

COULD ANYONE TELL ME BASICALLY WHAT THESE STANDARDS WERE AND HOW THEY WERE DIFFRENT TO ISO9000?

BASICALLY I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THESE STANDARDS INVOLVED? THEY ARE THOSE USED BY FORD, GM AND CHRYSLER REPECTIVELY BEFORE THEY MOVED INTO IMPLEMENTING ISO9000 SERIES OF STANDARDS.

D

Dawn

It's funny that you ask that question-I was just going to post a question to ask if the Ford Q1 audit is anywhere in this forum or if anyone know much about it. I hear it is a monster.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Each of these (Q1/PENTASTER/QUALITY FOR EXCELLENCE) are company specific 'awards' (read systems requirements).

Q1 - Ford
PENTASTER - Chrysler
Targets FOR EXCELLENCE - GM

Basically these companies used to audit your company to their requiremetns and rate you. If you rated high enough, you got their 'award'. For example, if you passed Ford's Q1 requirements you were awarded 'Q1' status and, in fact, were (are) allowed to fly their Q1 flag!

I use the past tense as I'm not sure where things stand all around. Ford still has Q1. GM's Targets for Excellence was supposedly replaced by QS-9000. Targets procedures are now the GM-9000 (their requirements). I don't think GM still does Targets audits.

Bottom line is Q1/PENTASTER/Targets FOR EXCELLENCE were 'awards' (also a 'status' which was considered for many things including bidding on contracts) determined by an evaluation of your quality and related systems by their auditors (second party audit). QS-9000 is a requirement common to all three and determination is by a third party (tee hee hee!).

Dawn - not much Q1 info - but, what do you want to know?

L

Laura M

Your right Marc, part of QS was to "throw away" all TFE manuals. They specifically became obsolete and would be "nonconformances." We actually did a scavenger hunt during training to find as many as possible. It was quite fun!
TFE audits are no longer done. If anything, GM does "process audits" on corrective action. Product & PPM specific.

Top Bottom