QA (Quality Assurance) and RA (Regulatory Affairs) Manager Job Description

S

SK Vision

Does anyone have a good QA/RA Manager Job Description they would like to share?????

C

Chris Ford

Re: QA/RA Manager Job Description

Does anyone have a good QA/RA Manager Job Description they would like to share?????

What constitutes a "good" QA/RA Manager job description?

It really depends on your responsibilities at the company. Here's a general job description form I created for a client. You might want to change the education box to "education and experience" or something. I also opted to not include the reporting structure in the job description for this particular client, because they're very small and people are moved around frequently. The org chart demonstrates the reporting structure. The top box on the form is for a general paragraph description of the position. The training requirements box lists out the general internal and external training required for the position.

I've used variations of this general format for job descriptions for years, and it's worked well. In some cases, we released our job descriptions through document control. In others, the responsible VP signed job descriptions.... or HR signed or stamped them... In some cases, we included the reporting structure. In this case, we released the blank job description form into document control. It's more convenient to them to access the form in the document control system than to have it floating around on the network someplace. But they didn't want to control the content in document control - that's understandable.

What you want in a job description is something that defines the job responsibilities and authority, as well as the experience, education and training necessary to perform the duties. Of course, most importantly, is that the person performing those functions is aware of the job description and these requirements. :yes:

Just start out by writing a short paragraph about your overall responsibilities. Then create a bulleted list of more specific responsibilities. When you finish the list, see if you can't combine some items, then prioritize the list. Responsibility bullets on job descriptions are typically laid out by what's most critical or what you do the most on top of the list. Try to keep your bullets down to no more than 5-8 bullets.

I hope that helps!

Attachments

• FRM1003 Rev A - Form, Job Description.doc
    32 KB · Views: 734
S

SuperGirl

I'm from a small company were we all wear many hats, but my title is our Quality and Regualtory Affairs Manager. I'm like the utility player, I make sure everything is good and all regulations are meet, as well as some of everything else. :bonk:

Top Bottom