QMR, EMR, OHSASMR should be manager or management team?

THEERANART

Starting to get Involved
If I am only Supervisor or Officer in level 3 of the company. There are 3 lever for example. Level 1 Director, Level 2 Manager Level 3 Supervisor Officers. Can someone be appointed QMR,EMR,OHSMR for system (ISO9001,14001,OHSAS18001)

Is it conflict the :bigwave:requirements?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

ssz102

which level is better as management representative for these system?
you want to said this?
in my experience, whichever is ok! the responsiblity is defined only

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
If I am only Supervisor or Officer in level 3 of the company. There are 3 lever for example. Level 1 Director, Level 2 Manager Level 3 Supervisor Officers. Can someone be appointed QMR,EMR,OHSMR for system (ISO9001,14001,OHSAS18001)

Is it conflict the :bigwave:requirements?
Management representative shall be a member of top management, as per ISO9001 clause.:bigwave:

A

amit_rd

ISO 9001 do not need the management representative to be part of the "Top management" - Anybody who is part of the organization's management(no management level specified in standard) can be appointed as MR.

Randy

Super Moderator
If this a combined and concurrent responsibility then the person(s) must absoultely be a member of Top Management per the most stringent requirement of the 3 standards cited, OHSAS 18001....No brainer, no guesswork, no debate.

However, nothing prevents delegation of responsibility for day-to-day operation to a lower level person, but ultimate accountability & responsibility (2 entirely seperate things) must be with Top Management

I see it all the time when I do integrated audits of Q/E/OHS systems, and I have issued nonconformities that have stood the test when challenged if TM is not designated the MR of a Q/E/OHS integrated system

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
If this a combined and concurrent responsibility then the person(s) must absoultely be a member of Top Management per the most stringent requirement of the 3 standards cited, OHSAS 18001...
Indeed, as Randy said, OHSAS 18001:2007 requires the OHS Representative to be a member of TOP management. And, another peculiar requirement from that standard, differently from the ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 Standards is that the identity of the top management appointee shall be made available
to all persons working under the control of the organization. So, if you are going to have a team of top managers appointed as the OHSMS MR, their names must be communicated to all the people subjected to system.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Multi-level QMR Process Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
K Petition for QMR not to be in management? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
L QMS for Service Company - Top Management wants to take the role of QMR Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
K How and where to start as Quality Management Representatives QMR (ISO9001:2008) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M New QMR (Quality Management Representative) in need of advice ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Q Quality Management Representative - Does the QMR HAVE to be a member of management ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
S Work as a QMR (Quality Management Representative) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
B Covering Quality Manager/QMR JD (Job Description) with QMR Roles in Manual? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
M Is it okay for the QMR to act as the Lead Auditor as well? Internal Auditing 8
S QMR Training question - The basic needs for a Management Representative Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
A Authorities of QMR (Quality Management Representative) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
drgnrider EMR performing audits of EMS Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 13
M Who should be involved in an EMR Appointment Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
V Health Canada - EMR Software Update ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Electronic Medical Records (EMR) strategy Software Quality Assurance 1
V How to train a new EMR for ISO 14001? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 16