QMS and ISO 9001 Orientation training - How in depth this needs to be?

C

C Emmons

Orientation training - ISO

We are planning to include QMS/ISO training as part of the orientation training for new hires. I am wondering how in depth this needs to be. I was planning on 1 page explaining the system, the fact we are ISO registered. Making a statement that they must ensure they understand their responsbility for the quality of work produced etc etc etc. Have them sign and date.

Would that be sufficient for an ISO auditor?

D

David Mullins

An ISO auditor - probably.
Me - no way.

If you're gonna say anything, you might as well use this golden oppportunity to give them what amounts to the standard quality awareness training package you should have given your other employees. (the term "should" was applied as inferring that actual implementation requires training)

D

David Mullins

example

form 1

Attachments

• vf6002a_new employee induction checklist_151001.doc
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,027
D

David Mullins

example

form 2

Attachments

• vf6002b_new emp orient&trng checklist_151001.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 740
D

David Mullins

example

lastform

Attachments

• vf6002c_pay disbursement advice_151001.doc
    52.5 KB · Views: 383
David Mullins said:

An ISO auditor - probably.
Me - no way.

If you're gonna say anything, you might as well use this golden oppportunity to give them what amounts to the standard quality awareness training package you should have given your other employees. (the term "should" was applied as inferring that actual implementation requires training)

You said it well David.

As a part of our introduction programme I get the opportunity to meet each and every one of them. Those meetings usually last about an hour, and I feel that I'm really able to convey the message in that time. Those meetings are true two way communication. The newbies have vastly different backgrounds, and the way I convey the message differs accordingly.

Basically I make certain that they know their way around the procedures in general (Their managers handle the ones they are going to use in particular), and above all I try to make them understand *why* they should follow procedures.

All things considered that single hour is a very good investment.

/Claes

C

C Emmons

Ok - I get the idea! Thank you very much for your help. We are just now formalizing and I wasnt sure how in depth to go..Thanks for the advice.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Aussie Bloke,

It is nice to see someone put their real-life examples out there, regardless of subject! Just one suggestion that might help if you do this in the future: Maybe you could zip all of your forms/examples into one zip file and post it.

Top Bottom