QMS Audit, Process Audit, Product Audit - Can these be audited together?

Y
QMS audit, process audit, product audit

In the element 8, the requirements asked for the QMS audit, manufacturing process audit and product audit.
Can all these audit be done together ?

What are the main differences between all of these audits, in term of approach, in term of area to look for, sampling , etc ?

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S
I have taken this approach:
- QMS - I use the 50 page checklist that my CB uses. Similar to the one published by AIAG. I will do this audit once per year.

- Manufacturing Process Audits- I will use the approach described in the IAAG supplier auditor course; inputs, activities,support processes, interfaces, outputs. Process auditing is the key to a successful audit.
This audit includes all areas effecting Mfg.,i.e., scheduling, industrial engineering, maintenance.
I wil initially conduct these audits monthly for the first year and then move to quarterly.

- Product audit - I see this as a random sampling of completed product from a cell or partially completed product prior to moving to the next cell. I will conduct these audits once pr day per product type.

M

MsHeeler

My thinking on this would be that a process audit would/could be a control plan audit.

And a product audit would be coverd by a dock audit (an audit of finished goods).

Do you think that this would cover the requirements?

Q

qsmso

IMO, to do only Dock Audit may be not enough for Product audit since the standard require to perform product audit every appropriate production stages.
What I am thinking is to combine process and product audit in the same time by using process control plan as a guide, then randomly check product with specification.
Is this make sense?

Regards,
QSMSO

M

MsHeeler

In our process there are only really four stages. Mold, trim, punch, and package. All of these can easily be checked in a dock audit. Our dock audits are performed on a different part each week. The frequency is raised if we have a problem part.

I still think that this should work. We just submitted our package to Entela, so I guess we will soon find out. :eek:

M

MsHeeler

I sure hope so! Hey we need a symbol with crossed fingers. :bonk:

Where in Oklahoma are you from Sam? I was born in OKC.

A

ADVENTURE

As we ramp up for TS 16949 .....planned for Nov. 03. Our approach has been to select a part and "walk the control plan" to ensure that we are meeting requirements to the control plan. We have expanded the audit to include the review of: documentation (doc. control), calibration (both process and product), qualification of assigned employees, tracking and staging of product etc. This has proved to be beneficial primarily because it gives us a vertical slice of our processes and in doing so a better feel as to our compliance in all of our QMS areas. Right or wrong this is our story and for now we are sticking to it LOL. :rolleyes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Tips for a first Process Audit on the QMS system at a new company Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
T QSE basics and QMS process audit approach - What are the QSE basics? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
L Audit boundaries - Is a Registrar permitted to audit a company's QMS by visiting their suppliers? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 26
E MDSAP Audit - Our QMS conforms to ISO 13485:2016 and FDA GMP Canada Medical Device Regulations 9
W Minor Audit Nonconformance Against Determining the scope of QMS IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
a_bardi Is it possible to exclude internal audit from qms scope? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
C Full QMS Audit and Internal Audit Question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
R Closing out an API/ISO QMS Audit Nonconformance - Magnetic Particle Examination Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
G Audit of essential QMS processes General Auditing Discussions 11
A Writing an Internal Audit Report Finding for Employee Awareness of QMS Documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
B Japan PAL QMS Audit Experience Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
T Questions about an Internal Audit Checklist for our QMS Internal Auditing 41
S How many mandays are required for QMS audit? Internal Auditing 5
C How long does AS9100 QMS need to be in place before the Audit? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
R QMS changes before Annual External Audit Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
D What should the QMS Auditor do if a Major Nonconformity is found during an Audit? Internal Auditing 11
L Internal Auditing - How can I audit my QMS independently? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
C Charging a customer who wants to audit our QMS? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
J Withdraw NCR Request - External QMS Audit is In Progress General Auditing Discussions 23
J Supplier Quality Management System (QMS) Audit - Formal Documented QMS does not exist ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
Q Supplier Audit Nonconformance: What if they adverse its certified QMS? General Auditing Discussions 12
K Can we achieve certification to cover both the FSMS and QMS in one Audit? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
J Creating an Audit Schedule & Revamping QMS Internal Auditing 18
D Conformance Audit Template/Help - Audit of my QMS to the ISO standard ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
V Internal Quality Audit - Themes for auditing the company QMS Internal Auditing 1
P Can CBs audit according to OHSAS 18001 criteria when they audit your QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
P QMS Audit - Large Project vs. Small Project Internal Auditing 11
J Which is correct: Audit elements of standard or QMS Processes? Internal Auditing 16
P Can I perform an ISO 13485 audit? I'm a registered RABQSA QMS and AS9100 Auditor ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D No Changes in the QMS since last audit - Need to Re-audit for coming Surveillance? Internal Auditing 17
D TS 16949 QMS Audit Final Report Internal Auditing 4
J First Surveillance Audit - QMS Dynamics and Quality System Indicators ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
K Quality Management System (QMS) audit checklist needed General Auditing Discussions 3
S Quality Management System turtle diagram to audit the QMS Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
C Difference between QMS Audit, Manufacturing Audit and Product Audit? General Auditing Discussions 21
Marc Registrar Asking Customer to complete QMS Audit Matrix Registrars and Notified Bodies 16
V TS 16949 - Para. 8.2.2.1 QMS Audit - How are you meeting this requirement? General Auditing Discussions 14
D Offsite storage of QMS documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
L Exemption from the Regulation COVID-19 and QMS requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
DuncanGibbons Model-Based procedures and Architecting the QMS as a System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
SocalSurfer Can you recommend an enterprise QMS for new AS9100 startup AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
H Expanding our business and the implications to our QMS Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
M IT validation for a paper based MD repair company QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M QMS for a repair/servicing company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
A Is there a better way to do a complete assessment of our QMS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
qualprod Managing a "special" customer into the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Q AS9100:2016 D - Intent of 8.4.3 (K) - Implement QMS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
qualprod From paper to Electronic (records) in the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8