QMS Efficiency KPI as a Manager.

M

Mrs Tucker

I am a Quality Manager, using COPQ as a means of monitoring my QMS Effectiveness but the KPI I am using for QMS Efficiency is weak...
Can someone provide examples of Quality Department or QMS Efficiency they use ?

S

skybertus

I am a Quality Manager, using COPQ as a means of monitoring my QMS Effectiveness but the KPI I am using for QMS Efficiency is weak...

We are having the same concers :(

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator

Are you using COPQ to measure effectiveness of your organization's QMS process or your process (i.e. Quality as a quality manager) or your KPI as an individual? I don't think COPQ is right measure for QMS process. For Quality process, it is.
For determining effectiveness of process, determine what outputs are required out of the process. Eg. Output required out of QMS process can be Effective quality management system- which can be measured through "Number of repeat Internal audit NCs", "Number of Major NCs during external audit", etc.

Definition of Effectiveness as per ISO9000:2015 is extent to which planned activities are realized and planned results are achieved.

Efficiency on the other hand is "utilization of inputs/resources" or "to the extent to which time, effort and cost are well utilized". Definition of Efficiency as per ISO9000:2015 is "Relationship between the result achieved and the resources used". Time taken for closure of NCs, Planned Vs Actual completion of internal audits, etc. can be efficiency measures of QMS process.

S

skybertus

Are you using COPQ to measure effectiveness of your organization's QMS process or your process (i.e. Quality as a quality manager) or your KPI as an individual? I don't think COPQ is right measure for QMS process. For Quality process, it is.
For determining effectiveness of process, determine what outputs are required out of the process. Eg. Output required out of QMS process can be Effective quality management system- which can be measured through "Number of repeat Internal audit NCs", "Number of Major NCs during external audit", etc.

Definition of Effectiveness as per ISO9000:2015 is extent to which planned activities are realized and planned results are achieved.

Efficiency on the other hand is "utilization of inputs/resources" or "to the extent to which time, effort and cost are well utilized". Definition of Efficiency as per ISO9000:2015 is "Relationship between the result achieved and the resources used". Time taken for closure of NCs, Planned Vs Actual completion of internal audits, etc. can be efficiency measures of QMS process.

Currently, I am using the following as my KPI to measure effectiveness :
1. Zero Customer Claims or Green status on monthly Customer Score Cards
2. Zero major NCs for certification audits
3. COPQ
4. IPPM/DPPM/RPPM has lowered down from previous years' results
5. At least 14 calendar days closure of any Customer Claims
6. Minimize manpower overtime
7. Zero repeat call-out during internal audit

Is there other ways to measure effectivess? Are these enough?

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
Currently, I am using the following as my KPI to measure effectiveness :
1. Zero Customer Claims or Green status on monthly Customer Score Cards
2. Zero major NCs for certification audits
3. COPQ
4. IPPM/DPPM/RPPM has lowered down from previous years' results
5. At least 14 calendar days closure of any Customer Claims
6. Minimize manpower overtime
7. Zero repeat call-out during internal audit

Is there other ways to measure effectivess? Are these enough?
Its upto you to determine which process needs to be measured for effectiveness and efficiency, if its beneficial to your organization, then good enough.

Q

QC Dave

This may or may not be helpful to you, because ours is not a manufacturing business, but never-the-less here goes.

We measure things two ways.

1. A basic error rate i.e. - We audited 100 items, 3 failed, thus our error rate is 3%.

2. What I call our QC Efficiency Report - What percentage of all the items that were processed did we audit? We are supposed to look at a minimum of 5% of the items processed. This helps us determine if we need to adjust the minimum number of items in each department up or down and if we need to add another QC auditor.

Hope this helps!

Top Bottom