SBS - The best value in QMS software

QMS for a repair/servicing company

MDRepair Canada

Starting to get Involved
Hi!
I am currently starting to implement a QMS i a MD repair company: no manufacturing, no design and development, only repairing MD for hospitals and clinics.
I have some questions because i am confused on how to comply with some requirements:
  • Which chapter of the standard can i exclude?
  • Medical device file, as we do not own any MD, do we need to have a MD file? If yes, what information do we need to put?
  • Risk management, many requirements are related to design or to MD itself. We have started to define some risks but most of them are general (organizational risks, supplier, etc.). Any example of risks related to a repair company?
Many thanks in advance for your help!
MD

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

atitheya

Quite Involved in Discussions
In my opinion, and depending on the devices covered in your scope, and, the regulatory requirements in your area of operations, in general, you may want to consider -

1. Only design and development ISO13485:2016 clause 7.3 can be excluded, and that if you are not making any changes or additions to the design.

2. You will need to maintain a medical device file for such devices that includes information as specified in clause 4.2.3. However, to my mind,

a. While considering 4.2.3 c, you will need to include procedures for repair and servicing instead of manufacturing. Other items I.e. packaging, storage, handling remain. Distribution may change to delivery depending, again, on your scope.​
b. In 4.2.3 f, you will need to describe your procedure for service provided by you post the repair and service of the device. (Also see point 3)​
c. Having a medical device file will also facilitate the review of requirements and ensure 7.2.2 e - organization’s ability to meet the defined requirements (In your case repair and service).​

3. Clause 7.5 will include your operations, I.e. repair and service of the device. At the same time 7.5.4 will relate to the service provided by you post such repair and service of the device.

4. Risk management - You will need consider the effect of your work on the existing risks, and also to identify and manage any new risk that may come up as a result of your repair and service activity.

These are just some thoughts, let’s hear from the experts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M IT validation for a paper based MD repair company QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
B Writing a QMS Manual for our FAA 145 Repair Station AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
ebrahim QMS as per ISO 13485, Clause 4.2 Requirements for regulatory purposes for Medical Devices Authorized Representatives. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Quality Objective for QMS prior to Certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
V Remote QMS Coordinator Position Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
A How to prepare QMS manual for purchasing department Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
GreatNate Master Control QMS software Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 0
GreatNate Anyone using the Intellect QMS software? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
A Electronic forms QMS Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
supadrai Remote Opportunity - Large Scale Glove Factory QMS / RA / Legal Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
C Retention of QMS Plans and Reports ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q New QMS...Old Projects ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
JoCam Certified QMS for MDR - Class I medical device manufacturers EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M ERP / QMS related software standards for Validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 6
T Help with BS EN ISO - IEC 80079-34 2020 (Explosive atmospheres QMS) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
R Gap Audit Aerospsace and Rail QMS Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 0
S AS9120 Store QMS packages AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
J Disappointed in leadership buy-in to QMS Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 67
E ISO 13485 QMS certification as a Supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
T How you ensure that QMS is effective and efficient? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Implementing an ISO 13485 QMS Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D ISO 9001 certificate issued by QMS International for 10 years - legit? Registrars and Notified Bodies 17
S Is QMS like a set of rules and regulations that a company follows? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
B Timeframe for updating QMS / transitioning from ISO 14971:2012 to ISO 14971:2019 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 10
W Using tailoring guidelines to tailor a QMS procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Offsite storage of QMS documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
L Exemption from the Regulation COVID-19 and QMS requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
DuncanGibbons Model-Based procedures and Architecting the QMS as a System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
SocalSurfer Can you recommend an enterprise QMS for new AS9100 startup AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
H Expanding our business and the implications to our QMS Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
A Is there a better way to do a complete assessment of our QMS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
qualprod Managing a "special" customer into the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Q AS9100:2016 D - Intent of 8.4.3 (K) - Implement QMS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
qualprod From paper to Electronic (records) in the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
A QMS Overhaul - Reorganizing and Renaming Documents - Internal References Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
qualprod Documented actions and changes in the QMS by COVID 19 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
DuncanGibbons Enterprise Architecture for QMS Conceptualization AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
O Adding ISO 13485 to an AS9100 QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
S Class I MDR Article 10 – QMS EU Medical Device Regulations 1
I Drupal for QMS Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 26
D ISO 9001:2015 4.3 Determining the Scope of the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Scope of Combined ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 QMS - Non-automotive customers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Validation Records - Very young QMS Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
E Sharepoint for ISO 13485 QMS for small IVD company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
GreatNate Where to get a KPI dashboard for QMS processes Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
mike10 QMS Update - Rev. up or start over? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
U QMS for medical device startups ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 26
B QMS question in regards to multiple medical devices/products and N/A activities Other Medical Device Related Standards 12