QMS for Service Company - Top Management wants to take the role of QMR

L

longnhanvo

Hi All,
I am seeking for your support on QMS for service company, how the QMR appointment letter is when the top management want to take the role of QMR ?
Look forward to hearing from you.
:agree:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

harry

Trusted Information Resource
The QMR is an appointment defined in 5.5.2 of the ISO 9001 standard. The duties are the same irrespective of the candidates other position in the company and hence a similar appointment letter (if you choose to have one) should be used.

The higher the candidates other position in the organization should give him more 'bite' and is positive for the organization provided he knows how to exert his influence in a right manner.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Hi All,
I am seeking for your support on QMS for service company, how the QMR appointment letter is when the top management want to take the role of QMR ?
Look forward to hearing from you.
:agree:
To avoid possible misunderstandings, as I think I read this differently than Harry, by "top management" do you mean 1 person in top management or a group of people (i.e., your senior managers)?

L

longnhanvo

I meant my director wanted to take the role of QMR, he is the higher man in the company. So I am confused, if he takes that role, it means he will appoint for himself to be QMR? I don't know if there is any you faced with it, if yes please share how the appointment letter is.

P

pldey42

ISO 9001 5.5.2. says,

Top management shall appoint a member of the organization's management who, irrespective of other responsibilities, shall have responsibility and authority that includes
a) ensuring that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained,
b) reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement, and
c) ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.

It does not say that there has to be a letter of appointment.

If a Director of the company wants the role that's wonderful, one of the best situations to be in. If it were me I'd write the appointment down in the Quality Manual somewhere, perhaps in the org chart (not because ISO 9001 requires me to; it doesn't, but because I personally like to put the important high-level detail in the quality manual), tell everyone, and get him or her to sponsor all the difficult things there are to do in quality, such as scheduling a management review and getting some corrective actions closed.

Hope this helps,
Pat

K

KCIPOH

I meant my director wanted to take the role of QMR, he is the higher man in the company. So I am confused, if he takes that role, it means he will appoint for himself to be QMR? I don't know if there is any you faced with it, if yes please share how the appointment letter is.
As long as he/she fulfill the 5.5.2 clause requirements in the 2008 version, you may write an appointment letter if appoint people from the middle management level but for me, for top management people to be a QMR, you may circulate a memo to all respective departments head for acknowledgment or you can do an announcement during the monthly meeting and that will be fine.

Good Day :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Implementing a QMS in a Service Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
R New QMS Manual - Service Company - Seeking Review and Comments Service Industry Specific Topics 0
M Service Industry - Scope of the QMS & Scope of Certification Service Industry Specific Topics 13
M QMS for Seafarer Recruitment and Placement Service Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
D Ticketing System to Manage Five Service Lines for proposed QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M ISO9001 - QMS Processes in a Service Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
H QMS - How does ISO 9001 apply to Service Providers (utility or facility management) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Justifying Subcontractor (with no QMS) Service - Class 1 Medical Instruments ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
D KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) of the Recruitment Service Industry QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B ISO cl. 5.3 - Ensuring that the integrity of the QMS is maintained ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T Scalable QMS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
J Using an online software to maintain your QMS Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 7
I QMS and ISO 9001 Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 11
E Visual Management Boards & QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
S Disparity between Job Descriptions in QMS & Contract ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
qualprod Minimize tomention other positions to ease the QMS management ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S QMS certificate and Samlping EU Medical Device Regulations 0
H Mapping QMS+business processes in a medical device with class I and IIa+b Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
Y Must Initial importers have any QMS? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
qualprod QMS global effectiveness? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Q 13485 QMS turnkey ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
K New to Medical Device QMS and would like advice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 20
N QMS standard for a research based Organisation Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
Moncia Integrated QMS and audit Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
J New QMS Auditor - seeking opportunities to gain audit experience Career and Occupation Discussions 3
Sam Lazzara Record signature requirements in proposed FDA 21 CFR 820 QMS Regulation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
qualprod External consultant into a QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
S Changing PCB Assembler and impact on QMS and MDD CE Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 2
ChrisM Class 1 non-sterile device, need certified QMS or not? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A CDRH Learn and DICE for Building a QMS 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
A QMS inside a Non medical device firm ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S HELP in setting-up QMS Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
S How long the QMS must be maintained after device EOL? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
K Processes interaction of QMS Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
P Can I exempt products/services from my AS9100 QMS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
J0anne QMS Implementation Iran ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
adir88 Substantial Change to QMS (Annex IX, Chapter I) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Watchcat When to begin putting together postmarket production QMS for a mobile app? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 13
B QMS Functional Safety Checklist ISO 26262 - Road vehicles – Functional safety 0
D Proof QMS compliance for class I ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
A Need career advice on QMS & HSE (No hands on experience) Career and Occupation Discussions 6
M Sharing QMS Documents with Customers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
M Options when MSA acc. to VDA 5 is NOK (Qms > 30%) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
D QMS Realignment after business splits into 2 different companies AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
G One-person QMS - possible? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 18
A SaaS SaMD - Impact QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S ISO9001 QMS: Quality Manual Examples & Templates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
K Is implementing Electronic Signatures a Significant Change to the QMS? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
qualprod Can a consultant be audited instead of QMS responsible? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Do you follow your QMS for non-device software features? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 4