[QMS] Identification and Evaluation of Aspects, Impacts and Risks...

x-files

Involved In Discussions
Hi,

At first we had an EMS procedure to identify "Aspects, Impacts and Risks" with appropriate methodologies for evaluation (we've separated methodology for "everyday" scenarios, and methodology for potential (risk) scenarios). Generally, for significant Risks we make Plans for reactions, and for significant "everyday" scenarios we make goals/targets.

Then, we (obviously) find out that OH&S has the very similar requirements, and that many EMS "Aspects, Impacts and Risks" are directly related to OH&S (what is a risk to environment, many times could be a risk to humans safety also, etc).

Finally, with PAS 99 in mind, we want to have ONE procedure to cover "Identification and evaluation of Aspects, Impacts and Risks", with QMS included, besides EMS and OH&S.

Basically, in the draft working version of "Aspects, Impacts and Risks" form, we've created a new column "Management system", where we want to highlight to what managements system is "Aspect, Impact or Risk" related to. Sometimes, its only EMS, sometimes it's only OH&S, and sometimes it's a combination of all three integrated systems.

First question is, are we on a good track with decision to integrate "Aspects, Impacts and Risks" for all our management systems? Are there any side-effects we should be aware of?

Second question is, what is a good direction to think of "QMS aspects/impacts/risks"?

For example, we have many purchasing in a year. Maybe few thousands. Some of purchasing failures are not significant, but some of purchasing failures could have enormous negative impacts. Further, poor maintenance of some devices is not so relevant, but on the other side, poor maintenance of some other devices could have immense impacts to business.

As you probably know, we in Serbia had epic floods these days. Fortunately, the dam managed to stop the high river level, which is literally near the powerplant. But (on hard way) we've discovered another risk. The dam is not of appropriate height and capacity 10 km far from our powerplant, and the river could in one day or two, soak electric field.

Could all that be QMS aspect/impact/risk?

Best Regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

kgott

Quite Involved in Discussions
Yes; your are on the right track because you are thinking in a holistic or global way about these things.

It will however require a lot of thinking as I have thought similar things myself but I have not been successful, at least yet, in working out how to make it work in some way so I'm interested in how you get on with it.

Impacts of unwanted events or unwanted outcomes will ultimately have have an environmental aspect or impact.

Inefficiency and ineffectiveness is not in itself a waste until it's translated into money and other types of waste. The same goes for intangible resources such as time and effort.

x-files

Involved In Discussions
Yes; your are on the right track because you are thinking in a holistic or global way about these things.

It will however require a lot of thinking as I have thought similar things myself but I have not been successful, at least yet, in working out how to make it work in some way so I'm interested in how you get on with it.

Impacts of unwanted events or unwanted outcomes will ultimately have have an environmental aspect or impact.

Inefficiency and ineffectiveness is not in itself a waste until it's translated into money and other types of waste. The same goes for intangible resources such as time and effort.
http://elsmar.com/Forums/showpost.php?p=574745&postcount=6

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Informational Is Identification of Risks and Opportunities required for QMS Processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 96
B Timeframe for updating QMS / transitioning from ISO 14971:2012 to ISO 14971:2019 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
W Using tailoring guidelines to tailor a QMS procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Offsite storage of QMS documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
L Exemption from the Regulation COVID-19 and QMS requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
DuncanGibbons Model-Based procedures and Architecting the QMS as a System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
SocalSurfer Can you recommend an enterprise QMS for new AS9100 startup AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
H Expanding our business and the implications to our QMS Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
M IT validation for a paper based MD repair company QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M QMS for a repair/servicing company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
A Is there a better way to do a complete assessment of our QMS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
qualprod Managing a "special" customer into the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Q AS9100:2016 D - Intent of 8.4.3 (K) - Implement QMS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
qualprod From paper to Electronic (records) in the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
A QMS Overhaul - Reorganizing and Renaming Documents - Internal References Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
qualprod Documented actions and changes in the QMS by COVID 19 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
DuncanGibbons Enterprise Architecture for QMS Conceptualization AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
O Adding ISO 13485 to an AS9100 QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
S Class I MDR Article 10 – QMS EU Medical Device Regulations 1
I Drupal for QMS Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 26
D ISO 9001:2015 4.3 Determining the Scope of the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Scope of Combined ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 QMS - Non-automotive customers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Validation Records - Very young QMS Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
E Sharepoint for ISO 13485 QMS for small IVD company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
GreatNate Where to get a KPI dashboard for QMS processes Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
mike10 QMS Update - Rev. up or start over? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
U QMS for medical device startups ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 25
B QMS question in regards to multiple medical devices/products and N/A activities Other Medical Device Related Standards 12
B Record Management - Does the QMS need to control templates of records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
D How do I promote my QMS? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
I Questions to ask when auditing for Organizational Leadership and Planning for the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
C QMS Document Management Software Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 15
R QMS Standard appilications on different Defense Sector Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
O ISO 9001 new certification advice request - Develop a QMS from scratch ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
L Clause 0.4 of ISO 9001 and EHS - Where should I stop the inclusion of EHS in my QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
R ISO 13485 QMS Implementation Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
B We need a QMS: file-based templates or software Other Medical Device Related Standards 23
H QMS Software Recommendation (US based, Hemp) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D How to Identify the Risks and Opportunities required for QMS Processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
D Benefits of electronic QMS software Software Quality Assurance 5
D Why are pharma companies automating QMS systems? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
dgrainger QMS for device "use" in a Health Institution? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
R ISO 13485 and QMS related concepts Training - Small medical device startup company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
R Implementing Design History Documents/ Technical Documents in the QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Approvals on QMS Documents - ISO 13485 Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T AS9100D - Scope of QMS for New Company - Only Choosing a Function Subset Due to Management AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
G QMS requirements for legal manufacturer when outsourcing manufacturing process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 23
R ISO 13485 QMS sequence of implementation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4