QMS Lead Assessor Training Organization Recommendations

V

VickiC - 2006

lead assessor training

Can anybody recommend an organization for lead assessor training?

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
VickiC said:

What are you looking for with regard to your training? Criteria?

Cost?
Location?
On-site? Off-site?

I find that I have my own personal preferences when it comes to organizations that provide training...but they're just that...personal. What I like about them, others may not. Just as there are some organizations that my coworkers think are great and it's all I can do to not curl my lip at the mere mention of their name. :)

What I can suggest is this...go online to the search engine of your choice (e.g., Yahoo!, Google, other) and enter in "ISO Training Cincinnati Ohio"...or something with the key words that will help your search.

This should call up a multitude of organizations, along with contact information.

Hope this starts you off! :bigwave:

D

db

VickiC said:

I attended QMS Lead Auditor training through Perry Johnson (yes, PJ). I thought the class was well presented (although the days were tough and long). I went to the Eagle Group for my EMS Lead Auditor training. Once again, the days were long and hard, but it too was an excellent class.

Lead Auditor (Assessor) training is highly regulated (I believe). The organization you go through will not make as much difference as the instructor. This is similar to Registrars. The auditor is what leaves the impression, more than the Registrar.

RC makes some good points. I know there are several folks in the Cinci area. Perhaps they can help you. Marc, aren't you from around there?

added--------------

Hey RC, what's up with your avitar? Is that the Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon?

V

VickiC - 2006

Thanks for all your responses.

RC: yes to all 3 - cost, location, and off-site. I wanted to ask others for their suggestions because it will help me to qualify a good training program instead of having to compare the marketing skills on various trainers' websites. There, they all sound good!

db: Perry Johnson, huh? I, too, have heard better things about them in recent years. I don't rule them out as much as I used to.

Thanks again!

T

tomvehoski

I went through Applied Quality Systems for ISO 9001 lead auditor training. I was able to take a 2 day course instead of the normal 5 since I was already an ASQ CQA. Saved quite a bit of money and time, plus the course location in Las Vegas was great. I would recommend them to anyone looking for the course.

Tom

C

C Emmons

I also went through Perry Johnsons Lead Auditor Course and I am in agreement with DB. The days were long and tough, but the instructor we had was fantastic. I also agree that it is the auditors who make the difference. We have been with the Registrar side since 99 and I have to say we are very happy. The auditor we currently have is very thorough and conducts a good audit.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
tomvehoski said:
I went through Applied Quality Systems for ISO 9001 lead auditor training. I was able to take a 2 day course instead of the normal 5 since I was already an ASQ CQA. Saved quite a bit of money and time, plus the course location in Las Vegas was great. I would recommend them to anyone looking for the course.

Tom
Hey Tom, was Scott Weyburn your instructor?

I'm not really sure if I should post here because I'm more than a little biased. But I'm going to anyway. :eek: My company partners with Applied Quality Systems (AQS) to teach these lead auditor courses. ASQ has chosen AQS for quite a few years as their preferred training provider for thier ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 lead auditor courses. I've been teaching AQS courses for ASQ, AQS, and AXEON for a couple of years, and really feel like their material is top notch. Oh, and their instructors aren't too bad either. :vfunny:

T

tomvehoski

howste said:

I'm not really sure if I should post here because I'm more than a little biased. But I'm going to anyway. :eek: My company partners with Applied Quality Systems (AQS) to teach these lead auditor courses. ASQ has chosen AQS for quite a few years as their preferred training provider for thier ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 lead auditor courses. I've been teaching AQS courses for ASQ, AQS, and AXEON for a couple of years, and really feel like their material is top notch. Oh, and their instructors aren't too bad either. :vfunny:

I took the course in March 2000, so I don't recall the instructors names off the top of my head. I still have the material at home, so I will take a look tonight. I recall this course was partnered with ASQ, but some of the other sites were not. Since I was paying myself and had to travel, Vegas was my preferred location - since it was cheap on airfare and a fun place to spend a couple extra days. I had already been through a couple company sponsored lead auditor courses and had been consulting for awhile, so a lot was review for me, but I still thought it was a good course.

J

Jimmy Olson

howste said:

I'm not really sure if I should post here because I'm more than a little biased. But I'm going to anyway. My company partners with Applied Quality Systems (AQS) to teach these lead auditor courses. ASQ has chosen AQS for quite a few years as their preferred training provider for thier ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 lead auditor courses. I've been teaching AQS courses for ASQ, AQS, and AXEON for a couple of years, and really feel like their material is top notch. Oh, and their instructors aren't too bad either.

I will have to agree that the AQS course was very good, even if the instructor was a bit odd :vfunny::biglaugh:

Top Bottom