QMS Procedure for Obsoleting a Product

C

Chaithanyia

Dear Team,

Good Afternoon!!!!

I am Chaithanyia working in a Manufacturing Industry.

We wanna Obsolete some of our standard old products which we are supplying to some of the car manufacturers. So I am in the process of preparing a procedure for 'Obsoleting a Product'.

Can any one please support me with some QMS document for reference in preparing the procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
Hi! I know you're wanting help and hopefully someone here can help with you. I haven't seen a procedure such as you describe here.

I can't think of any off hand, but there typically contractual obligations with automotive parts so you would want to think about that aspect.

Have you mapped out the process yet?

C

Chaithanyia

Yes, Process have been mapped. From the perspective of the customer, we have to support them with the product in aftermarket for an agreed period. This involves tool management too. So I am expecting a document or guidance from some one to define the process clearly.

Thanks for your support.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Using tailoring guidelines to tailor a QMS procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
somashekar Electronic data Back-up procedure, for Medical device QMS and regulatory purpose. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Sample QMS Procedure for Adaptation of New Product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Customer Provide Control Procedure & Changes of Products and QMS Control Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S QMS (Quality Management System) and Calibration Procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
N Procedure and QMS around SAP Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
S Customer Complaint Procedure - Notice for Customers - Place in QMS? Customer Complaints 4
K Marketing Procedure in line with ISO 9001:2000 QMS standard needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
B Quality Manager wants a Cost of quality (COQ) procedure in our QMS Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
K Processes interaction of QMS Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
P Can I exempt products/services from my AS9100 QMS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
J0anne QMS Implementation Iran ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
adir88 Substantial Change to QMS (Annex IX, Chapter I) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Watchcat When to begin putting together postmarket production QMS for a mobile app? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 13
B QMS Functional Safety Checklist ISO 26262 - Road vehicles – Functional safety 0
D Proof QMS compliance for class I ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
A Need career advice on QMS & HSE (No hands on experience) Career and Occupation Discussions 6
M Sharing QMS Documents with Customers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
M Options when MSA acc. to VDA 5 is NOK (Qms > 30%) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
D QMS Realignment after business splits into 2 different companies AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
G One-person QMS - possible? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 18
A SaaS SaMD - Impact QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S ISO9001 QMS: Quality Manual Examples & Templates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
K Is implementing Electronic Signatures a Significant Change to the QMS? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
qualprod Can a consultant be audited instead of QMS responsible? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Do you follow your QMS for non-device software features? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 4
Ed Panek How to address a QMS Entry Error ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
D Digital Healthcare - QMS requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
BeaBea QMS/ Training Management Software Service Industry Specific Topics 4
R QMS for Medical products & Pharmaceutical Drugs in one facility Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
C First Round of QMS Internal Audits - Ethical Dilemma Internal Auditing 10
N Handling B-Grade Products within the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
M Supplied Goods out of QMS / DtS? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Can outsourced processes be excluded from QMS scope? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
H QMS ISO 13485:2016 - ISO14971 IEC60304 etc ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Implementation of QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
M Correcting Electronic QMS Records AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
M Are We Ready for a QMS? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 8
I QMS monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation requirement - Template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
ebrahim QMS as per ISO 13485, Clause 4.2 Requirements for regulatory purposes for Medical Devices Authorized Representatives. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Quality Objective for QMS prior to Certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
V Remote QMS Coordinator Position Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 6
A How to prepare QMS manual for purchasing department Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
GreatNate Master Control QMS software Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
GreatNate Anyone using the Intellect QMS software? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
A Electronic forms QMS Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
supadrai Remote Opportunity - Large Scale Glove Factory QMS / RA / Legal Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
C Retention of QMS Plans and Reports ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q New QMS...Old Projects ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
JoCam Certified QMS for MDR - Class I medical device manufacturers EU Medical Device Regulations 8