QMS (Quality Management System) for Logistic Agency

Ajay Akole

Involved In Discussions
I am developing QMS for a transport / logistic agency, can anybody have Quality Manual for such type of Service Industry

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
I am developing QMS for a transport / logistic agency, can anybody have Quality Manual for such type of Service Industry

A Quality Manual for some simply repeats the standard while referencing their own in-house documentation. I'd suggest you create the documentation needed and then save the Quality Manual for last.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator

Ajay,

I take it that your company already is successfully meeting customer requirements as a result of your organization working as a system; which may be in need of improvement by a few new or tweaked processes.

Another company's quality manual would be no good to your company. Just as copying the standard and calling that a manual would be pretty useless too.

Instead, understand how your company works as a system, interacting with its customers and suppliers, to understand and fulfill the requirements of your customers. Then determine the processes that are necessary for your organization to create successful customers (and suppliers) when they use (or help deliver) your services. Document these processes and controls in procedures sufficient for effective planning, operation and monitoring. Appreciate also the undocumented parts of your management system.

Sesrch "developing * process-based management system" for more information here at the Cove and elsewhere.

Last of all, describe for employees how your management system assures quality and delivers improvement, as needed, in your quality manual.

John

S

Straliatto

Dear Ajay,

The easiest way to create the Quality Manual is to practicaly go clause by clause and explain how your organization conforms with each requirement of the stndard or give a reference on a document that describes it.

You can't go wrong with this approach altough it can lead to piling information on one place, so make sure you don't create too voluminous document.

Top Bottom