QMS (Quality Management System) Fundamentals Training

Q

qualedu

Hi, I'm new to this site but have been very impressed with the discussions and suggestions!

My situation is this - I've been asked to create a 30-45 min CBT that will be required for 2500 world-wide Field employees (Sales, Service, Business Center, Marketing, Field folks). The topic is QMS Fundamentals and is meant to be an overview of basic quality concepts, tools and an emphasis on ensuring a positive customer experience. About half of the employees have been with the company for many years, so have had lots of "quality" training in the past, and this would be a review for them. The other half are fairly new to the company, and it may be their first time to get such training. I have 2 questions:
1- Any suggestions on key topics or ways to make it more interesting and something they will see of value, not just something they have to take?
2- How have you made your CBT's more exciting?
Thanks for any help you can offer!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: QMS Fundamentals Training

Welcome.
Any suggestions on key topics or ways to make it more interesting and something they will see of value, not just something they have to take?
Yes, use real case scenarios from YOUR organization, duly sanitized, and show scenarios where, by failing to follow processes, keep the discipline, focus on customer needs and requirements, etc., the situation evolved into customer complaints, serious losses, etc... When people are told or reminded of real cases they can relate to, their attitude towards training changes, because it is not an academic exercise anymore, and it is part of their (very real) business world.

Also avoid focusing on quality for quality sake and show how the quality system supports the business processes.

Good luck.

C

Chance

Good morning covers,

I am also assigned to do this kind of initiative. The goal is to impose/communicate the fundamentals of quality system to employees across the company so that they can fully utilize it. Also, to enhance the knowledge of employees that the system is in place, and be aware that they are required to obey the rules and stop them from doing deviations unless approved by Management. I appreciate if somebody can share their experiences with regards to this matter. Ideas and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chance

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

Hi, I'm new to this site but have been very impressed with the discussions and suggestions!

My situation is this - I've been asked to create a 30-45 min CBT that will be required for 2500 world-wide Field employees (Sales, Service, Business Center, Marketing, Field folks). The topic is QMS Fundamentals and is meant to be an overview of basic quality concepts, tools and an emphasis on ensuring a positive customer experience. About half of the employees have been with the company for many years, so have had lots of "quality" training in the past, and this would be a review for them. The other half are fairly new to the company, and it may be their first time to get such training. I have 2 questions:
1- Any suggestions on key topics or ways to make it more interesting and something they will see of value, not just something they have to take?
2- How have you made your CBT's more exciting?
Thanks for any help you can offer!

I think it is anyway required a part concerning with the "literature" of QMS.
To make it attractive you could focus on some example of your QMS that make your business life easier and cost effective, thanks to the application of quality principles. Given that the particular target , we could also use some comic situations on the model of Dilbert, the famous cartoon character.
At the end you can also ask for some questions to respond to get a credit. This could create more attention and be exciting if the people do not pass at the first attemp ( you can have 10 question and to get credit you can reach 80%, the questions should be random among a basket of 50-60, with a multiple choice):bigwave:

Top Bottom