QOS and Q1 Implementation - Supplier Meeting

H

hollowman010

qos implementation

Hi, everyone, actually I'm working in the Q1 implementation for my company, Did somebody have an effective, and easy implementation plan for QOS?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Manufacturing? I guess it doesn't make any difference. There's an example at http://Elsmar.com/pdf_files/ and the file name is Q1 and QOS Schedule.pdf

It is also in the 'Members' and 'Premium' subscription directories in the Automotive directory as Q1 and QOS Schedule.xls

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
The Scoop

<center>Ford Provides Stage for Omnex</center>

I was at a supplier meeting (read Omnex sales presentation) at the QMP building off Rotunda in Dearborn yesterday. As an FYI...

The meeting was a total sham. It was supposed to be aimed at transportation but was little more than a reading of a presentation on Ford's QOS from a warmed over manufacturing presentation on their QOS system. Nothing to do with transportation per se. The same tired old sales pitch - a powerpoint presentation with lots of nifty representations of stuff. Yes - the PowerPoint Zone.

The meeting was started by Paul Kaip - the Manager of Transportation. He gave about a 5 to 10 minute 'intro'. This was the 'evidence' of management support within Ford for QOS and Q1. Of course attendance was tracked and your attendance was evidence of your company's management support.

Dana Snelgrove then spoke for about 45 minutes - that was the presentation I spoke of above. References were all manufacturing related. I got a few questions in, but for the most part it was useless. They could have sent us an e-mail asking us to download the presentation and a place to forward any questions. I don't think there were 5 questions from other people present (of course I had many) throughout the presentation from others.

Then - they handed things over to David Watkins who is president of Omnex. Dave droned on for about an hour in a relatively pure sales pitch. Explaining such basics as "...every company has to use metrics to see how they're performing...". And "...You have systems like these and you get data here and it flows up, see, and you act on it in some way, and..." It reminded me of QS implementations in the early days in the presentations I gave at the start of a project. Out of all of Dave's presentation, there were 2 (count 'em', two) slides which were specific to transportation suppliers. And - of course - they weren't addressed - I think he went through (or better put passed by) those slides quicker than any in the whole presentation. The entire thing was a sales pitch for Omnex 'training'. Predictable.

The bottom line is the Ford people said you will do QOS - Q1 and Omnex can tell you how - just sign up for their training. Our (Ford's) end is to point you to our training 'partner' as out part in supplier development. Of course, Dave's part was to sell the idea of this all making sense (Measureables? Geee... Never thought of that!)

Dave also compared Ford's QOS to ISO 9001:2000 and stated: "...The only difference between ISO 9001:2000 and Ford's QOS is the scope of QOS..." This is confusing to me so I guess we'll soon have to get a 'reading' on what he meant by this. He was mumbling something about the scope of QOS is the entire company while the scope of ISO 9001:2000 was not. I have no idea where he is coming from on that statement. Having been through these sales pitches for 'training' (and having done some myself), it was nothing new. But - you gota sell it if you want people to buy it.

The rest on the 'meeting' was of no consequence - a quick follow up on revocation and maybe 4 or 5 questions.

Let me see. I drove a total of 9 hours to attend a 2.5 hour meeting where I was given a sales pitch for Omnex training. Unfortunately, the uselessness of the meeting was predictable. I had called Dana about the meeting - I suspected what would occur - and he assured me it was focused on QOS and Q1 for transportation suppliers. All I got was an Omnex sales pitch. Not even a "T" shirt! In addition, I counted about 25 others there. The spread was from some top brass down to some lower managers (and of course 1 consultant - me). And this was scheduled near Detroit for 1 to 4 pm on a Friday. Go figure. I spoke briefly during breaks with several others there and their comments were the same - why are they wasting our time with this drivel?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W QOS (Quality of Service) Charts examples requested. Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
G Adding AS9100 to a ISO/TS 16949 QOS (Quality Operating System) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
P FORD's QOS (Quality Operating System) - What is it? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
Q Definition BOS - Business Operating System - Does BOS have any relation to Ford's QOS? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
J TE Suppliers vs. Ford QOS QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 0
C Ford's QOS Assessment Sheet Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
R Ford, QOS and QS9000 QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
Marc Ford QOS (Quality Operating System) Forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
R Quality Business Objectives - Seeking info - QOS, 8-D, FTA, RFTA, QFD and DOE Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
H parametros de qos QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 12
B Ford's QOS and ISO 9001 correlation. Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 6
D Learning about what's involved in the Ford Q1 award and QOS - Seeking Information Customer and Company Specific Requirements 14
K Ford QOS Training Program Recommendation Customer and Company Specific Requirements 8
D Ford QOS - Where to buy documents Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
D Ford QOS (Quality Operating System) QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
M Ford QOS - 3rd Party Auditing body able to assess the QOS Assessment? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
T FORD's QOS (Quality Operating System) and Ford's Q1 QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 6
L Ford Q1 vs. QOS vs. QS-9000's TE Supplement - Will Ford want anything else? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
Marc Ford's QOS (Quality Operating System) and Q1 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 11
Marc FORD's QOS (Quality Operating System) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
S QOS for Tooling and Equipment - Having difficulty selecting a measurable QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
S Practical Implementation of ISO 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
G Issues/Roadblocks with APQP implementation APQP and PPAP 7
Dean Bell Implementation of Controls as per SOA for Stage 2 Audit IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
N ERP Software Implementation Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C New to Site - Request Help with API Q2 Implementation Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
F Will the EU postpone 2017/745 MDR Implementation - COVID-19 Impact Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 11
J MDD to MDR transition - Time required for the implementation of the MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 7
L AS9146 Implementation and Compliance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
J Looking for a template SOP for UDI implementation for EU Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
G Defining performance metrics for DFMA implementation Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
C Design and implementation of process audits as defined within IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
B ISO 9001 Implementation Time Frame ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
M UDI transition period and implementation EU Medical Device Regulations 6
G Strategy for IEC62304 implementation half way into the software development process IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 9
M Informational EU – EMA revised guidance – Questions & Answers on Implementation of the Medical Devices and In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices Regulations ((EU) 201 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
R ISO 13485 QMS Implementation Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
D Preventive Maintenance Implementation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
Emran.mi Measurement system analysis - Can you help me about implementation MSA for CMM device Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K China UDI Implementation for October 1st 2019 China Medical Device Regulations 4
R ISO 13485 QMS sequence of implementation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Informational From RAPS – EU MDR/IVDR: US Raises ‘Serious Concerns,’ Urges 3-Year Implementation Delay Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
M Informational TGA – European implementation of Medical Device and IVD Regulations – Implications for Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Medtech Europe presentation – – Industry Perspective on the Implementation Status of the MDR/IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs Council Public session (Health) – AOB – medical devices Implementation of the regulation o Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – Medical devices: Implementation of Regulation (EU) 2017/745 on medical devices (MDR) – Information from the Irish and German delegations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Medtech Europe – Open letter to the European Commission on the implementation and readiness status of the new Medical Device Regulation (MDR) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Publication of Draft Health Canada Implementation Guidance for the International Medical Device Regulators Forum Table of Contents Format Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A New Supplier implementation - PPAP vs APQP APQP and PPAP 9