SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

QR/2D Codes & Data Strings

Hi all,

I was not sure where to post this thread so decided here might work.

Has anyone got any experience with QR codes? I have been asked to create a QR code that will open a URL and populate some text fields when scanned.

Adding the URL is not the issue, the problem is; how do I add information that will populate when the QR is scanned and the URL opens, i.e. an order number, name, date of birth, etc.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

hogheavenfarm

Quite Involved in Discussions
Not at all an expert on this, I did find this video on scanning QR code data into an excel spreadsheet, that may be one half of your answer, of course encoding a URL is easy, but then going there usually is a separate operation.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R GMDN and UMDNS Codes certification EU Medical Device Regulations 0
U GMDN CODES application ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Miner Quality checks of product QR codes FMEA and Control Plans 2
M Medical Device Identification & Codes - Article 27 Requirements questions EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M MDR Requirements - UDI/Barcodes/QR codes on IFUs EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M NANDO codes of products - These are not the GMDN codes, correct? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Informational IMDRF proposed document – IMDRF terminologies for categorized Adverse Event Reporting (AER): terms, terminology structure and codes (Edition 4) – Anne Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J MEDDEV 2.12/1's new MIR & IMDRF terms & codes (IMDRF Annex) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Is it compulsory to update the obsolete GMDN codes in ARTG? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
M CER (Clinical Evaluation Reports) updates - Product Codes EU Medical Device Regulations 2
G Defect codes and process codes need to be controlled AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
S IAF Codes - Examples of what falls under each code General Information Resources 2
I FDA Exempts Product Codes from 510(k) Process (Class II Medical Devices) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M GMDN PT Codes vs. FDA Preferred Term (PT) Codes Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
N GMDN codes for orthopedic implants Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
J Where to get GMDN Codes Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 14
F UMDNS and GMDN Codes - When a Preferred Term has been Retired Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
R Who is regulating Security Alarm Codes? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
Ajit Basrur Guidance Document - Medical Device Classification Product Codes Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
E Action Codes - Repair Codes for our Toolroom Repairs Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K Quality Records (QR) Control Codes Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 13
S Standard Machining Defect Codes Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
B GMDN Codes again - Code for "spinal fixation system" Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
P Finding UMDNS (Universal Medical Device Nomenclature System) Codes Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
G New FDA Import Codes "Affirmations of Compliance" 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S Colour Codes for Vacuum Gauges on Medical Devices? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
P GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) Codes (searchable database) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 18
T HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) and "12 NC" Codes for Products RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
R Distribution of Reference Documents and ASME Codes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
J My mentors insist I use hotel's employee manuals and codes of conduct for my... Service Industry Specific Topics 3
K Establishing Item Codes for Production Raw Materials Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
V Checklist Identification Codes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M CE Product Registration Bar Codes for each Product - Anyone? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Ajit Basrur Color Codes for different gases Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K Failure (root cause) codes for service reporting Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 4
Q JMDN (Japanese Medical Device Nomenclature) codes list needed Japan Medical Device Regulations 23
M Color Codes and visual floor marking - Are there any Standards? Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
V GMDN Codes for 'High Frequency Radiosurgical systems' ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
V List of Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Codes Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 49
D Should QSRD codes be included in Documents Submitted to Regulatory Bodies? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
chris1price GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) Codes Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 85
A City Codes for 3166 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
O What are GM's (General Motors) color codes? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 14
F Visual Work Instruction - Color codes, symbols and pictorials - Seeking Example Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
Q Help with Schedule B Harmonized Codes Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
W List of NCR (NonConformance Report) Defect Cause & Corrective Action Codes Nonconformance and Corrective Action 18
J Gage R&R - Operators scanning in defect codes - PCB w/various solder joint defects Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
G Using ASCII Codes - Split from "Stupid criminal of the week" thread After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 13
J Industry codes: how important? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Marc Charging for the use of ISO Codes Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0