QS-9000 Clause 4.19.1 - Feedback of Information from Service

L

Link Xue

A question about Feedback of Information from Service 4.19.1

The QS book 4.19.1 says:
A procedure for communication of information on service concerns to manufacturing, engineering and design activities shall be established and maintained.

Can anybody share some info with me in this area? Like which kind of procedure, its specific content? Does ECN can be used as one of the supporting document?

Another question, on my QS book, 3rd Edition, March, 1998, only has the 4.19.1 item, "Feedback of Information from Service". Is there any new releases to the 4.19 Element, like 4.19.2?

Any responses are appreciated.

Regards,
Link Xue

A

Al Dyer

May I ask who your major customers are and why QS-9000? It is soon to be an obsolete document?

Al...

L

Link Xue

Al, you are really an early bird. :)

Well, our headquarter in U.S is using this dying document, they have customers in the Big 3. At the first time China plant established, we had no customers in Auto area, just use the same QMS as them. Ringt now we are developping new customers in AUTO area.

R

Randy Stewart

Link Xue,
Welcome to the cove.
What you'll need to do is to look at what field service you are doing. Next, are you looking at what type of repair you do most often?
This information should be fed back into your design (if you are design responsible) or to whoever holds the designs. ECN's can be part of this process if the change was based upon warranty issues or field repair occurances.

You are working with the lastest revision of the standard and other than Sanctioned Interpretations, I don't know of any changes in the works.

L

Link Xue

Randy, thank you so much.

After a profound sleep then read your inputs, I think I have got sth. in my mind. :)

A

Al Dyer

Link,

Do you supply services to your customers such as labor contracts, personal visits, monthly maintenance at the customer facility???

I'm not sure if service (4.19) is in your scope.

More info????

Al...

L

Link Xue

Al, actually none of the services you listed we provide to our customer, so service (4.19) isn't in our scope :D
thank you

Top Bottom