QS-9000 Compliant

J

Jennifer

I am looking at a Certificate of Registration from one of our suppliers. It states:
ISO 9001 Registered Firm
QS-9000 Compliant

What does compliant mean? Is compliant the same as registered? Our Certificate of Registration does not state specifically QS-9000 Compliant. Is there a difference?

[This message has been edited by Jennifer (edited 12-21-98).]

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Admin
QS9000 registration is really ISO9001 registration with a 'QS Addendum'. The cert is OK.

Compliant means the company was audited to the additional stuff called out in QS9000 and is compliant. There really is no such thing (currently) as a QS9000 certification.

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Jennifer,

Is QS9000 mentioned anywhere on your Registration Certificate? It seems to me that it should. If it isn't there, I might wonder if your Registrar made a typographical omission. You may want to check that out. I would expect to see something as you mentioned "QS9000 Compliant" or ISO9001 inclusive of the requirements of QS9000. I hope this helps.

J

Jennifer

Yes, ours basically states that KPMG hereby registers Grede Foundries for its quality system described under the QSR QS-9000:1995 and ISO 9002:1994.
I guess I was just hung up between being registered and compliant.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Our certificate says"
has been audited by SII(Standards institute of Israel) and found to comply with the Quality Management Standard:ISO 9001 And with the Quality System Requirements QS9000."
This has been accepted by GM.

[This message has been edited by Howard Atkins (edited 12-21-98).]

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Admin
Yes, Kevin - I missed that point. If HER certificate does not state something to the effect that QS was audited, it is definitely an error if it is a QS9000 registration. I was concentrating on the supplier certificate issue. As I stated, "There really is no such thing (currently) as a QS9000 certification."

Thanks for picking that up, Kevin.

Top Bottom