QS 9000 Presentation

C

claux

Hi All,

My company is heading down QS 9000 (customer mandate) and I've been asked to put together a presentation (Powerpoint preferred) for all company employees on what QS 9000 is all about. I figured if there is something out there already that's good. Great! Otherwise, I'll take the time to create something.;) Thanks!

Sincerely,
Chad Laux
Quality and Training Manager

A

Al Dyer

Can you tell us what company is mandating a dying QS and not going for ISO/TS?

Just curious!

C

claux

Response

Sure Al,

Caterpillar is the customer (whom we do a lot of work for) who wants us to go QS 9000. I've talked to other suppliers to them and found this as well. We asked our auditor (UL) at our last audit if we should go QS or TS. They recommended we do what the customer wanted. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Sincerely,

Chad

R

Roger Eastin

Tell you what, Chad, I'd keep TS16949 in my back pocket if I were you. In fact, I'd make sure that any gap analysis that you did to prepare for QS9K would also include a gap analysis for TS16949. There's just too much momentum going in the TS direction. I've got to believe that Caterpillar is a little late in getting the news on the Big 3 and QS9K!!

S

Sam

Prediction: Like Michael Jordon, QS-9000 will make an impressive rebound this year and absorb the requirements of TS-16949. Having said this I agree with Roger, include the TS in your gap analysis because you will still need it as part of the revised QS. :D

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I took a looksie. This and several other QS presentations in Powerpoint are in the Automotive directory of the Members and Premium files access directories.

Attachments

• what_is_qs.pdf
    589.6 KB · Views: 331

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Originally posted by Sam

Prediction: Like Michael Jordon, QS-9000 will make an impressive rebound this year and absorb the requirements of TS-16949.
Bold prediction! Where do we place our bets?

C

claux

Thanks!

Thanks guys,

Been out a few days. Nevertheless, I'll keep TS in mind as we march down the path. Chances are, our customer will change their minds. I'd be suprised if they didn't. But that makes it interesting doesn't it? Ha!

Top Bottom