Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

QS9000 manuals revision outdated

P

Phyllis

:bigwave: Hello everybody,

First time on this site. My company had just completed the 3rd QS9000 surveillance last week and the auditor found that our QS9000 manuals(i.e. FMEA, PPAP¡Ketc) were outdated(both are old revisions). My boss want me to find a source that can provide the most update information such that our company can know and purchase for the current revision. How can I know the most current revision of QS9000 manuals? I can find some useful information from AIAG website. How frequent will it be updated? Will it be updated immediately when there is a new revision of the manual? How is other company doing to keep update on this information? Please advise. Thank you for your help.

D

D.Scott

Hi Phyllis - Welcome to the Cove. The AIAG updates the manuals just enough to drive us nuts. There is usually an announcement in advance of the release date. The best source is of course the AIAG site, but this is usually a very up to date forum. There is very little that slips past this bunch. Another thing to watch out for with QS is the IASG Sanctioned Interpretations which come out once in a while. They are considered part of the QS requirements and the latest version is auditable.

Tell your auditor that "the really good registrars let their clients know when these documents are being revised".

As for other document updates, I have a contract with a document company to let me know every month if any of my outside documents have been changed. It costs very little and saves me a bunch of headaches. Send me an e-mail if you would like more info on them.

Dave

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Yup - it's up to you to keep up with version control of AIAG documents you use. If you need to buy them, the AIAG sells them. www.aiag.org I believe.

> Tell your auditor that "the really good registrars let
> their clients know when these documents are being
> revised".

That they would be so nice! :thedeal:

P

Phyllis

Dave and Marc,

Thanks for your information. They are very useful to me and I will keep it in mind. I also have a contract with a document company to let me know every month if any of my outside documents have been changed. But the info from the company is not up to date. I think I better get the info from AIAG site.

D

D.Scott

Phyllis - If the information you are contracting to get is not up to date, why are you paying for the service? It may be a good idea to discuss this with your service rep or get a new service.

Dave

Our auditors always inform us when documents have changed; in the traditional form of a "minor" noncompliance.
I have also received a minor because I didn't have a plan for reviewing the change status of documents. Life is tuff.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Our registrar always gave us a heads up when revisions were being issued to the AIAG documents.....there are also several standards providers where you can pay a fee and be notified whenever the standards you use are revised and released.

Top Bottom