QSA 4.17.6 - Internal Quality Audits - Effectiveness of the corrective actions

C

Csaba

There is a QSA point:
Internal Quality Audits 4.17.6
"Are there follow-up audit activities for recording and verifying the effectiveness of the corrective actions taken?"
How can I satisfy this point?
I'm waiting some concrete think.

------------------

D

Don Watt

Basically you can cover this by re-auditing against the corrective actions implemented for any non-conformities.
a) have actions been implemented?
b) do they work?

If the answer to either is no, we generally raise the matter to the next level of responsibility.
Hope this helps.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
they are looking for more than 'closed? YUP>>>"

what did you do to close the CA? What evidence did you review? How did you come to that conclusion?

Don't tie your self into a regiment of activities. Leave it a comment block called something like "follow up activities"
and actually fill in what you did to make the decision to close the CAR...
examples:

reviewed training record xxx, yyy for the above mentioned reinforcement of the criteria.

reviewed ECO #xyz to procedure nnnnn rev z to show the required change was authorized and released.

Audited area XXXX for evidence of recurrance, no evidene was found. see report #yyyy

Did a dock audit of product xxx order #yyyy no issues found.

See attached photo of the zzzz area in question. The area no longer has piles of stuff....or what ever

J

Jim Biz

Barb I agree comletley - toooo sad that my auditors would not --- Expected "Clear definitive wording for closure criteria...

We used for customer complaints- XX number of parts shiped during x number of months or days - no further customer complaints forwarded - closure applied.

Also for system corrections or management issues closure - they were looking for "can I see-it in a proven record Closure criteria" Changed this or that - audited on x date - no further problems found over (our choice) X number of days/months - basis for closure established.

C

Csaba

Thanks for your help & concrete answer
Now this question is clear me,
we can close it

Originally posted by Csaba:
There is a QSA point:
Internal Quality Audits 4.17.6
"Are there follow-up audit activities for recording and verifying the effectiveness of the corrective actions taken?"
How can I satisfy this point?
I'm waiting some concrete think.

Top Bottom