Qualifications for taking CQE

R

Rajarajan

Hi All,

I have planned to take up CQE this december '08 (have been preparing for the same too) but haven't applied for the same as yet.
Although I'm aware of the criteria for taking up the test, I'm a bit doubtful about the minimum work experience (Specifics) that is expected from an applicant. Please find below, my profile and guide me as to whether I'd qualify for taking up CQE this Dec. This is an urgent request as the deadline closes down on 10th OCT (extended) and I don't want to end up being disqualified after I apply for the same.

Profile:

1. Completed Bachelors in Engineering from a recognised institute (Major - Production Engg 4 years, ending May '04)
2. Sep '04 - Dec '05: Quality Analyst (testing)
3. Jan ’06 - May ’07: Lead, SCRUM Testing Team
4. Jun ’07 - Feb ‘08 Analyst, Software Engineering Process Group
5. Jun ’07 - Feb ’08 Quality Manager, Process Excellence Group
6. Mar ’08 - Jul ’08 Process Consultant
7. Jul ’08 – Till Date Process Consultant

Totally I have a little over 4 years of work experience in the field of IT.
I'm a certified SSGB (not ASQ certified; i came to know of ASQ only v recently) - aware of/use most of the statistical tools coming under the purview of SSBB.
Also an internal auditor in my company (for ISO & CMMi standards)

Request all the experienced people in the forum to help me out at the earliest.
(well, I was confident all the time about meeting the criteria for CQE until
someone questioned it.. :-( )

Thanks,
RAJ

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Howard Lee

Yeah, that bird will probably fly. Send a simple resume (a time line for employment history, minimal embellishment) with your application and you will most likely be accepted to sit for the exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Duke Okes

Bachelors degree gets you 4 years, plus 4 years work = 8 years required. Should be no problem applying to take the exam, just make sure you have reviewed the body of knowledge as it is much broader than just six sigma.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Here is the information right from the ASQ on the CQE:

ASQ said:
Develops and operates quality control systems. applies and analyzes testing and inspection procedures. Uses metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices.

Eight years of on-the-job experience in one or more of the areas of the Certified Quality Engineer Body of Knowledge. A minimum of three years of this experience must be in a decision-making position.

Top Bottom