Qualifying audits

C

C Emmons

Is anyone aware of how to use internal audits to qualify for IRCA/RAB? I though I had read somwhere that if they were separate sites, and the auditor worked for a corporate office, then those audits would be considered as qualifying audits for the purpose of obtaining RAB and/or IRCA certification.

Anyone else ever done it?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

tomvehoski

I do not believe RAB will accept internal audits to qualify for Auditor or Lead Auditor status. Audits where consultation is provided are also void. This is an issue for me since, as a consultant, I give advice to my clients while auditing.

When I went through lead auditor training years ago, I asked the instructor how to get through the requirement. Basically you had to:

1. Catch on with a registrar as a provisional auditor (no audit experience required) to gain the necessary audit days.

2. "Volunteer" to conduct audits for other companies as an independent.

I decided it was not worth the headache of trying to satisify the RAB (and $100s in annual fees) to have another certificate on the wall.

Somebody did tell me one time the IRCA would accept consulting audits as experience, then you could transfer IRCA to RAB. Not sure if this is true or not since I never looked into it.

Tom

A

Aaron Lupo

C Emmons said:

Is anyone aware of how to use internal audits to qualify for IRCA/RAB? I though I had read somwhere that if they were separate sites, and the auditor worked for a corporate office, then those audits would be considered as qualifying audits for the purpose of obtaining RAB and/or IRCA certification.

Anyone else ever done it?
If you go to www.RABNET.com you will be able o download a book with all the details of what they will and won't accept as audit experience.

Do you audit any of your suppliers??

C

C Emmons

In the very near future we will be (hopefully). Plus I have been doing some volunteer audits for the ASQ but I was just hoping that there was someone outhere that used their internals with success, that could tell me exactly how they did it. I guess it is just a slow process and I am being impatient.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Qualifying commercial off the shelf (COTS) external suppliers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
GreatNate Qualifying a CNC machine Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
H Require PPAP Before Qualifying Vendor? (Packaging) APQP and PPAP 2
KyloDen Capability Study and Qualifying a Supplier Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
K DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations) Certs for a Qualifying Country Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
I Requirements for Qualifying a Stability Chamber Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
triathlonx13 Plastic Injection Molding Specification (Purchasing, Qualifying, validation) examples Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
P Pointers for qualifying the probes using the Calypso Software on a Zeiss General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Method for Dew Point and Oil content - Qualifying our Compressed Air System (CAS) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7
M Supplier Qualification - Qualifying small suppliers and trading houses IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A Qualifying and Approving Equipment for Welding AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
L Are you Qualifying your own Gageblocks and Pin Sets? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
L Qualifying an Interapid 312b-3 Indicator - Disappointment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
A Qualifying a CMM Star Probe - Brown/Sharpe CMM Model Gage 2000 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
B Procedure or form for Qualifying New Materials - Fiberglass company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Inspector Qualifications - Qualifying someone to be an inspector Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 12
K CMM Qualifying Sphere Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
Q Qualifying Persons to Reflow Solder by hand - Circuit boards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
J Weld Penetration - ANSI/AWS D14.3-94 - Qualifying welding procedures Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 8
S Qualifying TS2 Internal Auditors & Refresher Training Internal Auditing 3
E Grand Fathering Clause - Qualifying senior, experienced personnel as competent Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 15
J Qualifying Suppliers of Calibration Services General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
R IATF 16949 - Outsourcing of internal audits Internal Auditing 10
M Major vs. Minor for Internal Audits? Internal Auditing 10
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Layered Process Audits - FCA 9.2.2 - Exemption Clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
S Obligation to accept customer audits? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
M Supplier Audits - Stop Wasting Everyone's Time! General Auditing Discussions 15
C Internal Audits in a tiny Dx Company Internal Auditing 33
H ISO 13485 - Separate Microbiology Audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Question on ISO 14001:2015 - Are annual audits required? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 11
H Remote product audits in Coivd-19 - IATF 16949 9.2.2.4 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
N Sampling Plan for Internal Audits - ISO 2859 or 3951 - Or Neither? Internal Auditing 6
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
Ed Panek Corona Virus impact on Supplier Audits and Received Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
JoCam Increase to bi-annual ISO 13485 audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Supplier Audits in the wake of COVID-19 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
O Informational Scaling back internal audits due to corona virus while avoiding a NC Internal Auditing 7
R Is it required to have an SOP for external audits? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
G Internal Audits and Employee engagement Internal Auditing 16
D Root Cause for Missed Audits Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
M Notified Body audits -Class Ia medical device product EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Internal audit discrepancy - We missed a few audits that were scheduled Internal Auditing 12
C Design and implementation of process audits as defined within IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
F ISO 17025 8.8 Internal Audits in a segmented company ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
J Requirements for Layered Process Audits including Maintenance, Shipping, Receiving IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
qualprod Internal Audits - Categories of non conformances Internal Auditing 12
G Non Conformance During ISO 9001 Audit - Not All Internal Audits Completed General Auditing Discussions 19
K A way to monitor our Internal Audits as a KPI AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
blackholequasar Internal Auditing Inspiration - Getting volunteers to perform internal audits. Internal Auditing 22