SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Quality auditor legal right to see Board meeting minutes

Trebor123

Involved In Discussions
Hi where is it written down in the UK that it is a legal right for a "Quality Auditor" to see the Board of Directors meeting minutes? I have always shown an "extract" of where they have discussed "QHSE " related issues!

Surely this is suffice?

They dont have a legal right to view the Company Directors "full " Board of Directors meeting minutes"? Only HMRC, Finance Auditor, Enforcement Authority etc etc.. Not an external Quality Auditor, as there may be Company business which they may not wish to share to third parties?

Anyone got the correct legal or other wording on this for the Board please?

Many thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Trebor123

Involved In Discussions
Legal right? I don't think "Quality Auditors" have any legal rights in that context.
Thanks - that is what I thought, only financial auditors not "Quality" 9001 14001 nor 45001 etc etc ! just present them with an extract of QHSE business that has ben discussed - that is what I have shown in the past ! would you agree?

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
Does the BoD meeting minutes include any points of 9.3 Management Review? If yes, you should show that part to your 9001 auditors. If there are similar clauses in 14001 and 45001 and it is discussed in the BoD meeting minutes then those auditors should have access to those minutes. Showing the whole minutes is a bad idea.

ISO certification isn't a legal requirement in the UK for any business (that I'm aware).

Trebor123

Involved In Discussions
Does the BoD meeting minutes include any points of 9.3 Management Review? If yes, you should show that part to your 9001 auditors. If there are similar clauses in 14001 and 45001 and it is discussed in the BoD meeting minutes then those auditors should have access to those minutes. Showing the whole minutes is a bad idea.

ISO certification isn't a legal requirement in the UK for any business (that I'm aware).

Johnny yes just discussion on QHSE issues/matters

Indeed - I dont wish to present full minutes of all of their discussions especially around contracts etc etc

Randy

Super Moderator
Auditor access (CB) is only for that which is within the Scope of the certificate and audited standard itself. If those meeting constitute a portion of the management review and/or in-scope planning process then access has to be granted (but only for that material which is within scope)...Happens to me all the time, but some auditors get a bit too big for their britches because "they be important".

Then again while doing environmental audits I've been informed that access to regulatory required monitoring, reports and findings are "proprietary"....After giggling to myself I've asked the "informer" to check out EPA Envirofacts and EPA Echo...Then explained a couple ANAB rules and their "contract" along with what I'm allowed to do like stop the audit, leave and make some recommendations as to the certificate..... Only happened a time or 2, but it has stopped the egg sucking.

The key is "In Scope" and there are many on both sides of the table that don't understand or refuse to accept that.

Trebor123

Involved In Discussions
Why is the challenge there? What prompted your question if you do not have an auditor asking? Does your Board of Directors have concerns that you are trying to assuage?
i dont understand your question ! no the external audit are requesting information - something I havent been asked before and what I have is present extracts !!! Not full minutes as why expose the Board and the company when only regulators and finance authorities can view the minutes on request !!! a little strange

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 42
Q Who does a QC (Quality Control) Auditor report to? General Auditing Discussions 11
J Lead Auditor and Quality Manager - Conflict of Interest? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
A What documents would an FDA auditor want to see in an FDA Audit of Quality System 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
M Can a Quality Manager be a Lead ISO 9001 Auditor? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 37
L Quality Manager wants Internal Auditor to softgrade the findings - What shall I do? Internal Auditing 23
T ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) - Self - study help Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
Q CQA (Certified Quality Auditor)? I need all the help I can get. Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
T ISO 9001 Auditor Career without Quality Background? Career and Occupation Discussions 6
J Internal Quality Auditor Minimum Requirements Internal Auditing 48
P How to Qualify as External Auditor in ISO Quality Systems General Auditing Discussions 2
M CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Certification Exam Materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
Z What is an Auditor's Definition of a Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 7
K Quality Assurance Clinical Research Auditor - Masters in Total Quality Management Career and Occupation Discussions 3
K What constitutes QUALITY OBJECTIVES! I have problem with my auditor ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
F Customer Quality Audit Question - Giving the auditor a "guided" tour General Auditing Discussions 21
C RABQSA or IRCA or CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) - Biomedical Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
P External Contract Auditor for Internal Quality Audit Internal Auditing 18
D Customer's Supplier Quality Manuals used by Auditor in a TS 16949 Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 54
P What is the role of a Quality Management Systems Auditor? General Auditing Discussions 8
B Quality Auditor Certification - CQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
tony s Auditor says our Quality Manual is deficient. What can you say? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 58
G I passed the ASQ-CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
B ASQ - CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) exam next week !! Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
S New Auditor wants Mould tool repair bill included in Cost of Poor Quality! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
kedarg6500 Difference in CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) & CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
J Auditor doesn't like Quality Manual Scope ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
Q Future hopeful lead ISO Quality Auditor - Please help me here on my quest Career and Occupation Discussions 31
K Differences between a Quality System Facilitator and a Lead Auditor Career and Occupation Discussions 3
A Internal Auditor training - Recommendations regarding a video on quality auditing Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
I Quality Objectives - Our auditor told us we need to broadcast our quality objectives IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
S What is APA/BPA auditing? DaimlerChrysler quality auditor - China General Auditing Discussions 9
M Changing Positions: System Quality Assurance vs. Internal Quality Auditor Career and Occupation Discussions 20
M Outsource of Internal Quality Audits and Incentive for Auditor General Auditing Discussions 23
M Internal Quality Auditor vs. QMS Lead Auditor - How much $ does each make? Career and Occupation Discussions 6
E Studing for Internal Quality Auditor Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
howste New ASQ CQA (certified quality auditor) body of knowledge (BOK) General Auditing Discussions 7
K Quality Auditor Certification vs. Lead Auditor Certification General Auditing Discussions 55
L ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Test - Any advice for me? Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
Q Registered Quality Internal Auditor Qualifications - What needed? Audits? Experience? Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
Q Registered Quality Auditor General Auditing Discussions 6
O What skills are most important for a new Quality Manager Career and Occupation Discussions 11
MSeibert47 Daily Quality Topics - Need Ideas Please! Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 15
P Quality and Regulatory organizational structure Consultants and Consulting 2
P Examples of quality plans in IEC 62304 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
bobdoering Most typical universal Quality System Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 8
F Need Quality Manager advice. Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
Sidney Vianna ISO 9001 News ISO 9001 Quality Check - spinning facts in LinkedIn ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Quality assurance area Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
C Quality Management System Question ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 32