Quality Awareness Slides for Employee Motivation

M

Matrix45

Need to create quality awareness slides but need some good examples of
1) How employees have a positive effect on the QMS and improve quality
2) Problems that can occur as a result of not using the QMS
3) How the conformity of the product and service can be affected by the level of their performance
4) Understanding of how QMS requirements affect them

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Best possible material is to use examples from your own organization because the workforce can easily relate to them.

Good luck.

Paul Simpson

Trusted Information Resource
Need to create quality awareness slides but need some good examples of
1) How employees have a positive effect on the QMS and improve quality
2) Problems that can occur as a result of not using the QMS
3) How the conformity of the product and service can be affected by the level of their performance
4) Understanding of how QMS requirements affect them
Sidney is right, if you can have 'real world' examples related to their workplace that helps get the message across. Running through your list:
  1. If you have any examples of how people have contributed to work methods and that has helped consistently deliver product that would work. When I worked at Jaguar Cars plant personnel were involved in developing assembly processes, specifying equipment and problem solving. A very powerful process
  2. If you have examples of how human error has led to problems at the customer and / or significant product rework this can generally be tracked back to QMS requirements not being followed
  3. As above, for most production related defects there is a line of sight back to someone's mistake.
  4. The QMS affects them at a range of levels. Policy, end-to-end processes, standard operating procedures and specific work instructions. It should be relatively straightforward to bring examples of each of these to the training and show them where they fit in and, most importantly, check their understanding and see what they think about it.

Hope this helps.

M

Matrix45

Re: Quality Awareness Slides

Thanks Sidney. Actually incorrectly gave this the wrong title. Trying to address 7.3 of the AS9100D standard. A QMS will eliminate problems, ineffectiveness, inefficiencies, inconsistencies etc., so I guess that employees that identify non conformances, have the right attitude etc will have a positive effect on the QMS and improve quality. Will be addressing many organisations so really looking at general examples.

B

bigqman

Definitely include samples from your own organization that show the benefit of process improvement vs. firefighting. Also - for our Awareness deck I included a "W.I.I.F.M." (Whats in it for me?) slide in which I cited:
- greater visibility that explains how complex our operations really are
- help us understand what our capabilities truly are and are not
- give every employee a means of defining and communicating problems...

Top Bottom