Quality Board Membership and Responsibilities

M

mculver75

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if your company has a Quality Board? If so, what kinds of people (positions) are on it? What are the board's responsibilities? We're re-evaluating ours, that's why I'm asking. Thanks!

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi everyone. I'm wondering if your company has a Quality Board? If so, what kinds of people (positions) are on it? What are the board's responsibilities? We're re-evaluating ours, that's why I'm asking. Thanks!

In aerospace the term is MRB (Material Review Board and it usually consist of a representative from Engineering, Quality, Production and Planning, Purchasing and sales / management can join.

What field were you inquiring about?

M

mculver75

We're an engineering firm in the power industry. We design power plants. Also, instead of calling it a Quality Board, some firms my call it a Steering Committee. Thanks.

J

Joe Cruse

What does it do/what's its function???

We have a review board, of sorts. All the department heads (quality, safety, both production managers, purchasing, finance, engineering/maintenance, and HR), with the plant manager are on it. The team is called a "steering" committee, and its job is to perform management review, per ISO 9001. That is the base of its scope, but there are other items reviewed besides this. All complaints and customer, supplier, and production non-conformance issues, and all CA/PA/CI is reviewed with this committee.

We don't do it, but I've seen similar committees that had hourly employees as a part of this team, as well.

P

PaulJSmith

We just call it the Management Team, but any essential decisions go through the Managers of the various departments (Quality, Engineering, Production, & Sales) and the Ownership.

M

mculver75

Thanks Joe and Paul for your responses. Our quality docs are old, not to mention vague. Our quality manual says the Quality Board "periodically reviews implementation of the Quality Management System. Additionally, the Board establishes a schedule for internal quality audits, reviews generic quality problems, and develops recommendations for improvements." All of this sounds like a management review but.....

...The meetings are really a review of what the Quality Department has been doing (or hasn't been doing). It's a department meeting with a lot of onlookers.

Top Bottom