Quality Business Objectives - Seeking info - QOS, 8-D, FTA, RFTA, QFD and DOE

R

Reena

Can I get some details on the Quality Business Objectives.
ie Problem solving /problem prevention and the techniques/tools mentioned.

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

Reena

Quality Business Objectives

Let me more specific. I have gone through The Cove Elsmar.com, slide no. 080 where a diagram shows the Inter-relationship between Problem solving techniques and problem prevention techniques.
I need detailed information on each of the techniques which are QOS,8-D, FTA, RFTA, QFD and DOE.
I hope this would suffice to give me some details on this topic.

Thank you.

V

venkat

Dear Reena

I am from Chennai- India.

What I see from your statement is that you are looking for tools for problem solving. The most commonly used tools are fishbone diagram, pareto diagram, graphs, pie chart and histogram.

problem prevention- based on the data available one hass to chalk out plans to avoid the recurrence of the defect.

Hope I have made myself clear.

In case you have more queries please mail back

M

Michael T

Originally posted by Reena:
Let me more specific. I have gone through The Cove 16949.com, slide no. 080 where a diagram shows the Inter-relationship between Problem solving techniques and problem prevention techniques.
I need detailed information on each of the techniques which are QOS,8-D, FTA, RFTA, QFD and DOE.
I hope this would suffice to give me some details on this topic.

Thank you.
Hi Reena,

This is somewhat of a tall order... Detailed information on these topics is, I believe, a good deal to ask out of a forum, as there have been many books written on these subjects. I know there is information on 8D in the files. Additionally, there is information on 8D in "Gemba Kaizen" by Masaaki Imai. As for FTA & RFTA, those can be found in a variety of Quality Managment texts (sorry, don't have any titles available to reference at the moment). As far as QFD goes, two of the best books I've found on the subject are: "The QFD Handbook" by Jack Revelle or "Quality function Deployment: Integrating Customer Requirements into Product Design" by Yoji Akao. As for DOE, so far, my choice of texts on this subject is "Improving Quality Through Planned Experimentation" by Ronald Moen, Thomas Nolan & Lloyd Provost.

Good luck!!!

Mike

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
-> The Cove 16949.com, slide no. 080

Caution: Slide numbers may change from time to time as now and again they're updated.

A

Al Dyer

Reena,

For most of those you might try to "borrow" Juran's Quality Control Handbook. I say borrow, as a new copy will probably run $150.00. As for QOS I would suggest you find a contact at Ford, since it is basically their process, and a good one.

Good luck and know that peolple on the Cove forum are here to answer your more specific questions!

ASD...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Differences between Quality Objectives and Business KPI's ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
L Quality Objectives - Objectives related to Quality topics or the business? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B Quality Policy or Business Objectives - Which is first? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
I Quality Objectives for a Business Consulting Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 36
B Linking Quality Plan Objectives to the Business Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
B Activities to Realize Set Quality Objectives and Business Objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Quality Objectives for a new business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
K Business Plan - Quality Objectives and Measureables - TS 16949 Para 5.4.4 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
M Strategic Business Plan - Strategic Business Objectives vs. Quality Objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 47
D Business Plan Requirements - 4.1.1.2 Scope of quality objectives in the business plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
S SQM (Supplier Quality Management) - Centralized or divided per Business Group Benchmarking 0
O Rebuilding Quality Manual to be more relevant to our business Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 7
M Business Plan vs Quality Plan in the TS16949 standard Benchmarking 5
H From Quality to Business Excellence: A Systems Approach to Management The Reading Room 3
G How can Total Quality help a company or business compete in the world market? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 2
D Quality System or Business Management System? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
L Quality Mgr vs Business Development Admin. - Roles and Responsibilities Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
I Quality Assurance Business Plan & Strategy Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
V Differences between Business Process Reengineering (BPR) and Total Quality Management Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
Mikael Quality program at your business school? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
C 9001 Corporate Quality Audit - Yearly Audit on the Individual Business Units General Auditing Discussions 4
I Business Plan for Setting Up a Quality Department Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
C New Quality Manager - Establishing Teams in different Business Units Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
T Sunday Business Systems, Quality Database Review Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
J Quality Manual for a Self-Employed Business Consultant Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 3
D QMS (Quality Management System) on Intranet - Business Case ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
R BMS Vs QMS (Business Management Vs Quality Management System) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
N Merging of Quality Management of 3 Business Units Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 13
S Business Terminology and Quality Manual Terminology ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
S Business Cards - Philosphy of Quality or Six Sigma Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 15
L Business Operations Manual & Quality Management system Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 6
C Quality Manual and Procedures Manual for Small Service Business Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
eternal_atlas Are implementation of Quality and Safety Standards Extra Business Costs? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
T Titles for Quality Functions - Very small business quality department query ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
D Starting a Business Related to Quality in a 3rd country Consultants and Consulting 3
T How does a Business use the 4 pillars of Quality Management ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 31
sridharafep How do you Prepare your Business Plan for year 2008 - Focusing on QUALITY Function World News 3
C Quality causes business demise World News 10
N Quality Plan template for Engineering, Procurement and Construction Business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T QMS (Quality Management System) for a business support organisation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
C Does auditing improve a Quality or Business System? Internal Auditing 7
V Experiences on the use of Business Enterprise software for the Quality Management Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
B Which quality system to register to? Small business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
J Calculating Repeat Business for the purpose of quantifying a Quality Objective ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
L Source of a quote - "Know quality, know business. No quality, no business!" Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
WALLACE Has East met West yet? Perceptions of quality, business practices, system maintenance Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 8
A Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance Out of Registration Business? Registrars and Notified Bodies 7
John Broomfield Informational Terms used in quality management Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
D Imaging/Image Quality Standards Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
D Quality Team Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2