Definition Quality Glossary from ASQ

BradM

Leader
Admin
Marc, what are the differences with Wiki and the definition glossary? For Wiki, do you want us to Contact Scott first on something?

As far as the definition forum, do you just want us to post under each of the pre-existing threads?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Anyone who wants to start new, add to or edit pages in the Wiki can do so if they are registered here in the forum - If you're logged into the forum you don't even have to log in to the Wiki, you are auto-magically logged in when you go there. Scott can help out if someone needs help (there is the aspect of knowing 'Wiki Markup Code').

The 'Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations' forum is more for discussion of terms and such, so adding to the discussion thread can be done if you would like to add to the discussion of a particular term or whatever.

To some extent they are similar in that whether in discussion threads or in Wiki pages, there is 'content'. I'd like to see the Wiki developed, but I think that there aren't a lot of people interested in part because the the Wiki Markup aspect. I think the Wiki is a better 'format' for a glossary.

In some Wiki articles I have added links to the appropriate 'Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations' forum thread(s). Between the two, if I could really get people interested I think we could develop a significant 'Body of Knowledge'. Of course, if the site was making a lot of $ like the ASQ I could just hire people to fill out the Wiki and inter-link the 'Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations' forum threads.

Top Bottom