Quality Guarantee - Letter to a potential customer that guarantees quality products

DWPOZE

Registered Visitor
I have to write a letter to a potential customer that guarantees quality products. Does anyone have any sample letters. Thanks for your help.
:bonk:

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Re: Quality Guarantee

I have to write a letter to a potential customer that guarantees quality products. Does anyone have any sample letters. Thanks for your help.

How about you write a draft and post it here for comments ? This is because each organization has its own strenghts and can not be generalized. Another point was whether you would be sending this letter alone or this would be a part of a package like Business Plan or Marketing plans etc ?

You could refer this Google search for drafting the letter :)

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Quality Guarantee - Letter to a potential customer that guarantees quality produc

What you're describing is actually a contract, or will become one. I've never heard of a customer requesting such a thing, because the details of product quality are generally captured in purchase orders and other related documents. I wouldn't agree to such a letter without qualified legal advice.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Quality Guarantee - Letter to a potential customer that guarantees quality produc

Why?

I agree with Jim. I would contact an Attorney before I would. How can you guarantee Quality. You can try and meet the needs of your Customer, but what IF, there is a slight scratch or something that happened to the product during shipment. Are you going to take pictures of the product before shipment?

I would definitely talk to someone from the legal aspect.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Folks, let's remember that the A in QA stands for ASSURANCE. Quality Assurance is something that we have no probably referring to, even though, most people realize that the best quality systems in the world are not 100% defect free.

To me, this type of letter is meaningless. Like Jim mentioned, the critical thing is to contractually define the conditions, including acceptability criteria. And remember that, the supplier's ability in providing "defect-free" product depends on the customer CLEARLY defining acceptance criteria and product specifications.

A

achorste

I agree - the letter itself seems meaningless - but he could use it as an opportunity to describe the techniques used in product manufacture to prevent / eliminate defective product - SPC / Poke Yoke etc etc.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

I agree - the letter itself seems meaningless - but he could use it as an opportunity to describe the techniques used in product manufacture to prevent / eliminate defective product - SPC / Poke Yoke etc etc.

That's exactly what automotive customers want from their suppliers through the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). The Part Submission Warrant (PSW) is the final document (I call it the "warranty card") that is signed by an authorized representative from the supplier organization. It's a very common practice in this industry.

Stijloor.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

That's exactly what automotive customers want from their suppliers through the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). The Part Submission Warrant (PSW) is the final document (I call it the "warranty card") that is signed by an authorized representative from the supplier organization. It's a very common practice in this industry.

Stijloor.

Then you think that a signed PSW is a "guarantee of quality product"?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Then you think that a signed PSW is a "guarantee of quality product"?

No, not necessarily, but at least somebody's "head" is on the line. ;)

Stijloor.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

Since it is a potential customer, your letter just need to describe your organizations 'general' policy on product guarantee with a list of items guaranteed as well as the period. This is for information purpose only and would be non binding because details, as the others had pointed out would be in the negotiation and contract.

Top Bottom