Quality Gurus - Are there any 'gurus' from Europe?

amjadrana

Involved - Posts
I would consider Dr. Walter Masing of Germany as one of the Gurus of quality movement in Germany and in Europe. He was a long time honorary President of the German Association for Quality (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Qualität) and the German Association of Quality gives out Walter Masing prize to an outstanding individual who has contributed the most in quality.

I could not find a lot of references on internet.
http://www.quality2012.de/en/overview.htm

M

mortby

I was reading this and wondering - what makes a guru?
Is a guru widely known purely for the validity and usefulness of their theories, or is there a publicity factor at play here?
Are the famous names associated with the US and Japan because those are the cultures that promote, advertise and encourage this type of thinking?

J

johnny xu

We all have seen articles on the Gurus of Quality, but it seems they are either American or Japanese. Are there any 'gurus' from Europe?

oh , japan ---TAGUCHI GENICHI, American ---DORIAN SHAININ
:cool:

D

DrM2u

I have to agree with Lego and Mortby. :agree1: Although there are many widely/worldwide known gurus in the great universe of 'quality', there are times more lesser known gurus who are followed in smaller universes. Probably these people do not know how or simply don't want to be known on a larger scale, even though their ideas and teachings could be just as valid as those of the Great Gurus. By definition (see Wiki :read:), many of us are such unknown gurus to some extent or another. Now, if by anyone's oppinion I may fall within the 'guru' guidelines, I am in Europe for the time being. :lol:

J

johnny xu

I have to agree with Lego and Mortby. :agree1: Although there are many widely/worldwide known gurus in the great universe of 'quality', there are times more lesser known gurus who are followed in smaller universes. Probably these people do not know how or simply don't want to be known on a larger scale, even though their ideas and teachings could be just as valid as those of the Great Gurus. By definition (see Wiki :read:), many of us are such unknown gurus to some extent or another. Now, if by anyone's oppinion I may fall within the 'guru' guidelines, I am in Europe for the time being. :lol:

you say you are quality guru?
right?
:notme:

Top Bottom