Quality in Medicine book recommendations

a_bardi

Starting to get Involved
Hello

I have just started my Phd study and looking for some good english books regarding quality in medicine especcially how quality improvement in medical services shapes customer expectations(& vice versa).

could you please share with me some book titles which could be helpful , not only ISO but sixsigma /lean etc too.

thx for any hints:thanx:
rgds
Andrew

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Hello

I have just started my Phd study and looking for some good english books regarding quality in medicine especcially how quality improvement in medical services shapes customer expectations(& vice versa).

could you please share with me some book titles which could be helpful , not only ISO but sixsigma /lean etc too.

thx for any hints:thanx:
rgds
Andrew
Hello, Andrew.

Over three years ago, I made the jump into healthcare, after spending 15+ years in manufacturing. Thankfully, I remained in the area of quality improvement and innovation, so that not all of the "language" was completely different. :)

I found these books to be helpful while I also explored the reality of healthcare out in the real world...

Still, it was necessary to ensure I was in a healthcare environment so that I could either test the theories and information provided in the book or find ways to adapt the information to fit within my organization.

R

Rosalia Sgorbati

Measuring Quality Improvement in Healthcare
A Guide to Statistical Process Control Applications
Ph.D. Robert C. Lloyd, Ph.D. Raymond G. Carey
Softcover, 214 pages, Published 2000
Dimensions: 6 x 9
ISBN: 978-0-52776-293-3

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Quality Assurance for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 4
B Six Sigma in Medicine - Method to improve quality control in hospitals Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 20
Sidney Vianna Tesla Lacks Major Automotive Quality Certifications such as IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
M Quality Month Celebration Success Stories Circulation Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
S ISO 9001 Quality Management System and its processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
L Assignment on the link between Quality Gurus & ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Q Quality Plan for eQMS software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Steve Prevette Dr. Deming Saved my Job! Webex for American Society for Quality Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 0
G Tips/advice for a new Quality Manager Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 18
Sidney Vianna Informational ISO/TS 10020:2022 Quality management systems — Organizational change management — Processes Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
M Role of Quality Manager in a manufacturing company AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
P Part 21G - Liabilities of a Quality Manager Form 4 Post Holder EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 1
I Feedback on Quality Objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 37
P ISO 9001: Quality Management as a process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
ScottK Opening for Manager, Supplier Quality Engineering on my team- Orangeburg, NY - On-site Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
S Quality and Technology Roadmaps Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
T Organization and personnel problems with quality Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
M Is On-Time Delivery a Quality Objective? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
E Where can i get latest toyota and honda Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
C Quality keynote speakers Consultants and Consulting 6
M AS9100 examples of procedures, quality manual, etc. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
K Size of Quality Department ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
A Quality and Safety in one. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
N What quality training do you suggest? Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
J Average number of Nonconformances during internal quality audit for Medical Device Manufacturers Internal Auditing 3
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Accreditation Matters: Our Role in The Quality Infrastructure ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
qualprod Do sum of results of quality objectives should met a high level goal? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Q What are Quality Requirements for Design? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 8
R Quality System Software AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
M Is there any value in monthly quality reporting? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
R Authorities of Quality Manager IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
GStough Audit Nonconformances (?) for Suppliers Not Registered to ISO and No Supplier Quality Agreement Exists General Auditing Discussions 24
C Supplier Audit - Looking for a quality audit checklist General Auditing Discussions 3
A How would a candidate for Quality Systems Manager role answer questions in a med device manufacturing org ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
F EU MDR Quality Plan template CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
M Quality Manager and Production Manager Advice Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 19
T What is a Quality Management System? Manufacturing and Related Processes 20
FRA 2 FDA Product NCRs- Quality Review Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
W Posting Non-Quality System instructions on the Production Floor Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
CaliperJim Cost of Quality calculation Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
Cats Clause Certified Quality Systems Ltd (CQS) accredited by International Accreditation Board Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
T Quality toolbox decision tree Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
Sidney Vianna A young Steve Jobs take on Quality, Marketing & Business Processes. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
hogheavenfarm Free Quality Professional Books Buy, Sell or Trade - NO Commercial Advertisements 11
T Stellantis supplier quality manual Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
lyobovnik Work From Home Exception for Quality Managers? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 19
T Accreditations as part of 9001 - Quality checks on your company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
P Product Quality Review API-GMP Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
M Who is performing quality control? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
C I need your help to find the action plan for these quality objectives Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 23