Quality Management Systems Matrix

SheiLaJP

Involved In Discussions
Hi,

Can anyone give me idea on what iso 9001:2008 requirement do i need to consider in Safety process?. The only process not considered here is the Safety process and we are in the middle of having document review. So i don't have basis on what requirements i need to consider in the Safety process scope.

:thanks:

SheiLaJP

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi,

Can anyone give me idea on what iso 9001:2008 requirement do i need to consider in Safety process?. The only process not considered here is the Safety process and we are in the middle of having document review. So i don't have basis on what requirements i need to consider in the Safety process scope.

SheiLaJP
Just a couple of question for clarification.

Do you have a copy of ISO 9001:2008?

Not sure of the purpose you would need that information but safety is used in:

3.3 Critical items

Those items (e.g., functions, parts, software, characteristics, processes) having significant effect on the product realization and use of the product; including safety, performance, form, fit, function, producibility, service life, etc.; that require specific actions to ensure they are adequately managed. Examples of critical items include safety critical items, fracture critical items, mission critical items, key characteristics, etc.

7.3.1 The different design and development tasks to be carried out shall be based on the safety and functional objectives of the product in accordance with customer, statutory and regulatory requirements.

Those are the only items that I could think of.

One more question - what type of industry your company is certified to?

SheiLaJP

Involved In Discussions
Hi dsanabria,

dsanabria: Do you have a copy of ISO 9001:2008?
SheiLaJP: Yes, I do have a copy of the QMS manual.

dsanabria:One more question - what type of industry your company is certified to?
SheiLaJP: I work in a construction company producing asphalt

Big Jim

Super Moderator
Just a couple of question for clarification.

Do you have a copy of ISO 9001:2008?

Not sure of the purpose you would need that information but safety is used in:

3.3 Critical items

Those items (e.g., functions, parts, software, characteristics, processes) having significant effect on the product realization and use of the product; including safety, performance, form, fit, function, producibility, service life, etc.; that require specific actions to ensure they are adequately managed. Examples of critical items include safety critical items, fracture critical items, mission critical items, key characteristics, etc.

7.3.1 The different design and development tasks to be carried out shall be based on the safety and functional objectives of the product in accordance with customer, statutory and regulatory requirements.

Those are the only items that I could think of.

One more question - what type of industry your company is certified to?
You are quoting from AS9100C, not ISO 9001:2008.

That's part of the aerospace enhancements.

Safety is not a topic in ISO 9001:2008, although maybe it should be.

Colin

0.4 Compatibility with other management systems <snip>

This International Standard does not include requirements specific to other management systems, such as those particular to environmental management, occupational health and safety management, financial management or risk management. However, this International Standard enables an organization to align or integrate its own quality management system with related management system requirements
. <snip>

The answer to your question is that ISO 9001 does not include requirements for health and safety.

SheiLaJP

Involved In Discussions
Hi Colin,

Is it possible that i can choose whatever requirement (clause) i need to use when it comes to making audit checklist for safety process?

LUV-d-4UM

Hi,

SheiLaJP
Please consider clauses 6.4 Environment and 7.1 Planning in the safety process.:agree:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Informational TGA – Guidance on Therapeutic Goods (Conformity Assessment Standard for Quality Management Systems) Order 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A What is "a router" in ISO/TS 9002 Quality management systems ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
M Merging Two Quality Management Systems when a Company is Acquired Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
C Quality Control/Management Systems as a Broker Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
H From Quality to Business Excellence: A Systems Approach to Management The Reading Room 3
J Two Quality Management Systems - ISO 13485 in one company possible? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
D Quality Management Systems - Differences between ISO 13485, 21 CFR Part 820 & ICH Q10 Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
L Applying the Lean Concept in Quality Management Systems Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
F Benefits of Internal Audits in supporting Safety and Quality Management Systems Internal Auditing 5
R Industry Statistics on the benefits of Quality Management Systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Integration of HR (Human Resources) and Quality Management Systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
V 10 Characteristics of Effective Quality Management Systems Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
6 Quality Management Systems in Vehicle Maintenance Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
O QMS (Quality Management Systems) Team Structure & Responsibilities ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
J Quality Systems Coordinator vs. Management Representatve - Responsibilities and Roles ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
somashekar ISO 10005:2005 - Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Plans. Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
P What is the role of a Quality Management Systems Auditor? General Auditing Discussions 8
Z Synchronizing two quality management systems: ISO 9001:2000 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
B How to increase integration between our Quality & Environmental Management Systems Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 8
A Key Differences and Similarities between Environmental and Quality Management Systems Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
W Aviation Quality Systems Management Books Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
A Simplified Explanation of the 8 Quality Management Systems Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Antonio Vieira ISO 10019:2005, for who? Selection of quality management systems consultants Consultants and Consulting 2
H My Quality Management Systems (QMS) Manual - Please review - Opinions appreciated! Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
J Performance Indicators for Quality Management Systems (QMS) in Engineering Companies ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 42
C Combined QMS (Quality Management Systems) Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S ISO 19011 (Quality and/or environmental management systems) has been published by ISO General Auditing Discussions 5
A Crossword Puzzle on QMS (Quality Management Systems) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 12
J MBA Thesis Survey - Use of methodologies and tools in Quality Management Systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
M UN-CERTIFIED QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
Pau Calvo Quality Management process is mandatory in ISO9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
R How would you work without a quality management system? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
R Electrical contractor Project Quality Management Plan Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
S Quality management system (Well head installation & maintenance) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
G Copy of withdrawn ISO 9001:1994 Quality Management Standard ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
P How to develop executable quality management system for rookies? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
M Requirement to manufacture under a quality management system EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A IATF 16949 4.3.1 - Determining the scope of the quality management system - supplemental IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
M Quality management certification required by Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
A Building up a global quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A Building up a global quality management system 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
John Broomfield Informational Terms used in quality management [Deleted] Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K A proposal for the model Quality Management - I need help for the project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M MDR requires the NB to perform "tests in order to check that the quality management system" EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
A Supplier Quality Standard vs Senior Management Direction Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
I Date of Quality Management System - Training Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19